Question

Woocommerce creating problems with slowing site down

Hi 

Please can someone point me in the right direction? I recently purchased the pro version as I'm building a website that includes shopping and wanted the functionality of the pro version and also hoping the site will be faster than other sites using elementor as I wouldn't need all the plugins.

I've redone my website wedosecurity.co.za 3 times trying different configurations but my site soon slows down below 50% on mobile. I now setup a new testing site and decided to check the speed after each plugin loaded. 

When I loaded elementor the speed was fine

After I loaded Woocommerce the speed drops right down and thats before ive even created pages or products.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction how I can get my speed up for a online shop.

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You need to consider optimisation.
Make sure you have enabled most of the EL Experiments form the Settings.

And check out these Free Plugins.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello my friend,

As you see  

its not too bad, you need to understand what is causing issue, 

1. As you see first 3 are problems for you

If you have wp rocket, plugin this will be resolve it give good optimization option 
    using it you can reduce like to 1.5 sec in no time.

Minify is no problem,
    But please be catious when u combine js, this may break so be careful combining js,
    use  defer otion to load js
    use lazy load 
    optimize image
    user server and caching option enabled.
    this will resolve all your concerns.

Regards

Thank you for the feedback, ive tried the above suggestions and am still battling to get the spped up. I havent tried WP rocket but from the comments ive read it says that only the paid version will help.

Im trying to understand whats going on and what the issues are. I was hoping that the paid version of elementor would help. I dont wantn to get a plugin to fix problems before I know what the problems are and if they can be fixed without extra plugins. Im using optimize and cache enabler to clear my cache

The problem seems to be woocommerce plugin. I can get the speed up to 97% with elementor installed but with no content. When I created a basic header it dropped down to 60% and im not sure why because it had very few elements. The problem resolved when I deleted the header and the restored it. Not sure what caused that.

The main problem seems to be when I install Woocommerce it drops right down again and it cant get it into the 90% again. 

Thanks for the advice so far its really assisting me to understand the issues. My frustration is that I don´t want to launch the site until I have fixed up the site speed issue. If I don´t I wont know if customers may be leaving because of the experience or the products.

Below are screen shots of the change of speed as I disable plugins

Reading with the following plugins

Elementor

Elementor Pro

Woocommerce

Optomize

Cache enable

PNG to Jpeg

After removing Elementor and Elementor Pro

After removing Woo-commerce

Any help will be appreciated, thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You can use Asset Clean Up (Free) to stop WooCommerce from loading on the Front Page.

You can use Asset Clean Up (Free) to stop WooCommerce from loading on the Front Page.

Thank you Imran, thats exactly what im looking for. Looks like a brilliant plugin im working through the tutorial now which shows you exactly how the website works 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Most common is cause by WooCommerce Cart Fragments, fixed it with most cache plugin, else you may try this plugin, it able disable some WooCommerce function.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-dashboard-for-woocommerce/

Thank you for the responses, I am learning more about optimization. I just want to make sure I dont disable anything important. It seems the underlining problem is elementor. I've disable the woo-commerce from the page but the speed did not improve substantially.

I then started deleting the elements and content one by one to try identify whats slowing the page down.

Ive now deleted everything and the best speed I could get on GMetrix was 58% and on Page Speed 63%

As you can see the page is empty of all content. When I disable the Elementor plugin the reading goes to 100% on Page Speed

According to GT Metrix, these are files used by elementor that are slowing down the response time.

Can someone tell me if there is there a way to reduce the loading time for these files ? Or recommend the best way to build a fast loading page using elementor.

Thanks again for the help

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

See here for the plugins I use to keep a WooCommerce site still hitting 90+ on mobile.

Much will depend on layout too.

Watch from 1:00 min for the Plugins

Build an Online Wordpress Store with WooCommerce, Elementor and ShopEngine - YouTube

See here for the plugins I use to keep a WooCommerce site still hitting 90+ on mobile.

Much will depend on layout too.

Watch from 1:00 min for the Plugins

Build an Online Wordpress Store with WooCommerce, Elementor and ShopEngine - YouTube

Thanks Imran for the tutorial

Im trying to understand how and if I can get the page to load above 90% even when I have no content on the page. It looks like the main render blocking scripts is from elementor.

Im trying to work out how to improve the load time using elementor and woo commerce 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Have you enabled the first 4 Experiments in the Elementor Experiments section?

Also try using Asset Clean Up to remove some Woo from the landing page.

PS - set up a Home page with Hello, and have a one ‘Header’ Widget Header, and a one ‘header’ Widget Footer. You should hit 99-100% on the mobile.

Have you enabled the first 4 Experiments in the Elementor Experiments section?

Also try using Asset Clean Up to remove some Woo from the landing page.

PS - set up a Home page with Hello, and have a one ‘Header’ Widget Header, and a one ‘header’ Widget Footer. You should hit 99-100% on the mobile.

Hi Imran
I set up a home page with nothing in it and the maximum speed on page speed is 55  That is my issue, why is it so slow in loading up before I even add a header  https://dev.wedosecurity.co.za/

This is the reading im getting from my main site

And these are the plugins activated

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Check your images.

And the results show that it’s your server causing the slowness.

Hi Imran

I was able to get the speed of my main website on mobile up to 88% on mobile using the optimize pluging. Im still not sure about all the settings but im happy to continue building the shop.

I spoke to my host provider and they said my gcompression is on and enabled for cache but he says I have to set it via a pluging. Im not sure which setting control the server cache.

Hi Antoine

Cache only has to be done from within the plugin, this function is enabled server side already

Kind Regards,
Charl

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I use WP Fastest Cache and Autoprtimize.

Add in WP Fastest Cache and tick the boxes - for GZIP

Hello Antoine, 

I checked your NORMAL site. (not DEV) with webpagetest and location cape town it was not pretty. Just 400kb heavy and it takes quite long. Unheard 44sec (three tests square). So you have def. a problem with your provider. Change it to a better one.  

GT metrix give me 12 sec for London. That is insane also. LCP 9sec. INSANE. Your provider is broken. That is NOT Elementor. NEVER. :) 

Your dev test site does not use gzip or broetli… that should have been activated also on DEV. If you fill that page with content it will slow down a lot more and that is not because of Elementor, but because of your server. 

Woo Commerce is no small plugin, will be filled with products, photos and more and more data of your customers. That requires a good server. Not a bad one like you have right now. Sorry. 

So if you want a fast page, look for a real local provider in SA. Run from the old one. 

Go for litespeed or nginx server, not apache, as most apache are old configs. Well some not, but most are and your actual one is. Go for SSD webspace and maybe not a shared hosting, if it will be a bigger shop. 

With nginx I can recommend as a great free solution: cache enabler / Autoptimize as a minify/caching combo. Imagify for small pics and webp creation. Here a woo commerce shop with elementor even on a shared nginx is possible with a good enough speed. Big shops with tens or hundreds of simultaneous customers require bigger resources.