Question

SEO on Toggle widget

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

first post in the community,. let’s see how it works ;)

I currently develop a new landing page and put also some SEO relevant content into it.
Now I am trying out which tool is the best for now and the future when it comes to SEO optimization.

I was wondering during my first test with Yoast that all the content I put into two toggle widgets are not recognized. Is there any setting I need to activate that they are also considered as ‘content’?

BG

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @CeeToo, welcome!

The first thing to remember is that tools like Yoast and Rank Math (my preferred option) are just tools which can provide you with guidelines on content etc. and give you a score but, they don’t have Google’s algorithms to “look inside” content so, for example, Yoast might not see your toggle widget but Google might.  I use Rank Math like a checklist of things to do and also use some of their clever features like redirects, auto image tagging etc. but, at the end of the day, the only real way to SEO is to monitor/measure/review/refine over time using Google Analytics and Search Console.

Hi @CeeToo, in addition to what Nigel wrote, here is a great post on the subject of Google indexing drop down/toggle/tabbed content. In short, Google sees it, if the SEO tools do not. 

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/googles-mueller-on-myth-of-hidden-tab-content/358724/#close

Hi @Tamara Taylor and @Nigel Hancock ,

thank you very much for your feedbacks. Will have a look into it and it opens my mind in a bit different direction, which is good obviously ;)