NitroPack and Elementor

Hi. I’m wondering if anyone has successfully implemented NitroPack as a caching solution on a WP with Elementor site? After way too many hours I have got it working without breaking anything on this website, but it took so much custom optimization and probably 30-50 hours of work. 

So if it in the future will break I will probably recommend to the team that we move caching solution. So i’m wondering what other people are using, other than Wprocket, etc. Price is not a big deal as long as the service is really really great and have good support.

Anything custom/new out there?

Cheers

25 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@DavidO79,

I tried the free version of Nitropack about 6 months ago, but could not get it to work at all. It kept saying it could not make the connection with my domain. I had to wait more than 5 days to get an answer from their support and even then, it was not working.

Needless to say, I did not go over to the paid version after that.:wink:

That said, I know people that are very pleased with even the free version, so this is just my experience.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I would optimise the website properly without using tools like nitropack.

Userlevel 2

Hi @DavidO79,

Svilena from NitroPack here. 

Thanks for your comments. We have a lot of users using Elementor and NitroPack and the vast majority find the integration quite straightforward.

We’d love to consider your case if you DM me with your website URL, as we need to take a look at your website to say why it took you so long.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Annie Bohets,

Thanks for your comment and sorry to hear you weren’t able to properly connect your website to NitroPack.

We’d love to get more details on this so please reach out to me over DM. I also wasn’t able to locate any support tickets from you in our system, so please feel free to contact our support team here - support@nitropack.com.

I also apologize for the delay in support you experienced - we’ve greatly improved since then and we’re even moving towards extended coverage time.

Let me know if there’s something I can assist you with.

Userlevel 1

NitroPack is controversial
it’s even consider as black hat- 
https://www.webwhim.co.uk/nitropack-black-hat-seo-speed-optimization/

i don't like to use that

1. in easy sites, i don't need it, I’m getting 90+ on mobile

2. in problematic sites, it doesn't work

3. i don't have control over things

4. they delay even important things that hurt appearance sometimes

i am not using NitroPack when I do page speed optimization

Shay

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I try to steer people away from using Nitropack.

Can we get a High Page Score after a Makeover with Elementor Pro? - YouTube

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I recommend not using Nitropack.

Can we get a High Page Score after a Makeover with Elementor Pro? - YouTube

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

After testing many of the caching plugins, I’ve found WP Rocket plus Imagify for images seem to work well for our client sites which are hosted on Pantheon.  There is still a learning curve, but it has definitely helped with page speed scores.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Oops, sorry for posting twice above.

If you’re after a Premium solution - then WP Rocket and Perfmatters are brilliant.

For a Free solution, then Autoptimize can serve just as well.

It’s a shame when some jump from 40% to 99% by using Nitropack and assume they’ve overcome all issues. Better to graft it out :)

Userlevel 2

Hi @ShayToder,

The article you are referring to contains a lot of misleading information.

Here we have summarised our response to all inaccurate statements mentioned there: https://nitropack.io/blog/post/nitropack-false-claims

We’d love to hear your feedback in our comment section and consider stats/data that support it. You can also ask any additional questions you might have there.Also, congratulations on the great speed results :) 

When it comes to your comment about NitroPack not working on problematic sites, can you please provide more details on what you mean by ‘problematic site’? We offer 6 optimization modes targeting different setups, so it is very likely that selecting a different mode could easily fix any issues you have experienced.

Also, you mention that you feel you do not have control over things. I wanted to suggest you might be interested in using our Manual mode that allows you to tweak all settings that gives you full control to customize performance. The other 5 optimization modes require minimal configuration and are based on extensive testing for optimal performance. These pre-sets are available for users who prefer not to handle complex configurations.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that we offer a script-delay feature that is enabled for only 1 of our optimization modes - Ludicrous. If you do not want any resources delayed, you can simply exclude them through the settings or switch to another optmization pre-set.

I’d love to provide more info and answer any further questions you might have.

Regards,

Svilena

Userlevel 2

Hi @Imran Siddiq,

Thank you for commenting!

We’d love to hear more on why you prefer not to use our service.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve and we’d love to get your feedback onboard.

Regards,

Svilena

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Imran Siddiq,

Thank you for commenting!

We’d love to hear more on why you prefer not to use our service.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve and we’d love to get your feedback onboard.

Regards,

Svilena

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. The cost involved to achieve what can also be achieved with Free Plugins that outweighs the use of NP for me.

It’s great that you have a solution for many - though it reduces the amount of effort that I think some should learn to become better page builders.

I will read your article though :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Svilena Peneva What you need to do is produce a free product like Autoptimize and do a side by side comparison with why you are better - and how - so convince us that there will never be any issues with Google/Rankers etc.

And then show us the Auto Pro v NP Pro.

And…. don’t set a 14 Free Days Period.

If you firmly believe in NP,  then leave it free for life unless you go for Pro - but like I said above, why should I pay for to optimise when I can hit 100% on the Mobile with Autoptimize and careful layout/placement.

NP can become a big leader with some marketing changes.

Take care :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

For me, it’s a lot about stability and resilience as well as optimization.  I’ve tried and experimented with many, many different ‘solutions’ and  have now standardized on WP Rocket alongside Imagify for that extra tweak of image compression plus, I have a number of sites where clients are uploading images from front end forms so, Imagify helps keep that under control too.  This combo seems to be stable, supportable and quite resilient to change, updates etc.

Having said that, with recent Elementor improvements I have found some sites don’t need anything extra - I just use the Breeze caching plugin which is part of my hosting with Cloudways.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

An unexpected challenge I ran into when attempting to choose optimization tools was my hosting provider’s configuration. Pantheon is very strict and only allows writing to the /uploads file on Live. Many optimization plugins require server configurations or write directories which are simply not allowed on some hosts.

I tried every plugin I could find and ran into challenges with most of them until finally getting WP Rocket to work with the help of some symlinks (they tell the plugin to write to the uploads directory instead of elsewhere). Imagify worked better than Smush Pro in Google score results.

As for Nitropack, they have a great website and the tool looks neat — so no judgment here either way. I’d just want to be sure no tricks or hacks are being used because Google eventually finds out and brings the hammer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Do any of you use Imagify on websites where images are not going to be constantly uploaded by the client? Do you use it only for automating WebP?

Unless the client needs on-the-fly optimization, I generally like to optimize the images manually before posting to WordPress to minimize the overall weight of the site (for backups, etc).

(As a side note: I also set the 3 sets of auto-created sizes in “Settings > Media” by setting them to zeros. )

--

Having said that, with recent Elementor improvements I have found some sites don’t need anything extra - I just use the Breeze caching plugin which is part of my hosting with Cloudways.

@Nigel Hancock Do you pair anything with Breeze on those sites? Autoptimize & Async for example?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mark Blair I use Imagify as part of my standard “stack” for dynamic sites.  I don’t enable WebP as I’ve found it can cause issues with sliders etc. and some browsers.  I much prefer to optimze prior to uploading.  I certainly don’t use Breeze alongside anything else.  On sites where I’m using WP Rocket (there is no one-size fits all) I deactivate breeze but, leave it loaded to stop the Cloudways bot nagging me!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Do any of you use Imagify on websites where images are not going to be constantly uploaded by the client? Do you use it only for automating WebP?

I haven’t had this use case since clients are often uploading images. It hadn’t occurred to me not to do this on more static sites!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Mark Blair ...I certainly don’t use Breeze alongside anything else.  .

Interesting! I felt like there was something that I needed done in Autoptimize that I couldn’t do in Breeeze, but I’m likely wrong. I’m going to explore using only Breeze on one of my sites and try to wrangle all the CSS, JavaScript, etc without it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Not tried Breeze myself - so may look into that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’ve gone down the long winded route with optimising images.

TinyPNG before adding up Media Library.

Then, optimise the PNGs more with ‘PNG to JPG” Plugin (often halves the size of the compressed PNG)

Then ‘Image to WebP’

Userlevel 2

Hi @Imran Siddiq,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I’ll pass it on to the team for consideration.

Please note that we do in fact offer a free plan (including all our features) with 5k pageviews monthly limit. You can use this for as long as it makes sense for your business. We do not limit our free plan to 14 days as you can see on our pricing page. I am not sure where you got this information from but it’d be great if you can point me to it, so we can have it corrected.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Best,
Svilena

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Imran Siddiq,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I’ll pass it on to the team for consideration.

Please note that we do in fact offer a free plan (including all our features) with 5k pageviews monthly limit. You can use this for as long as it makes sense for your business. We do not limit our free plan to 14 days as you can see on our pricing page. I am not sure where you got this information from but it’d be great if you can point me to it, so we can have it corrected.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Best,
Svilena

Thanks @Svilena Peneva 
I think that Free Package with no limits would be better.

A Premium option could always be there for advanced features.

I must have got the 14 days mixed up elsewhere :(

I highly recomend NitroPack.

Pretty much all my sites using Elementor, Hello Theme, NitroPack get 90+ when performance on https://web.dev/ or https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

https://wwwsalesgrid.us/

https://wearecrew.io/

https://linksourcery.com/

https://jollyseo.co

Userlevel 2

Hello @bryzer , 

Svilena from NitroPack here :) 

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you are satisfied with NitroPack.

We work hard to provide high-quality service, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Best, 

The team of NitroPack