Hi, folks. Sorry if the title is a bit confident. But this is only coming from personal preference based on my team experience. I know that many of you have much experience in speed like
So, here is our steps:
- Choose lightweight WordPress theme with header & footer feature
- Install only lightweight & necessary plugins
- Resize & compress all images before upload
- Use optimized SVG icons & logo
- Host custom fonts locally
- Elementor ‘A Must Do’ Setting
- Build any single page with speed and performance mindset (CRUCIAL)
- Add custom optimization scripts (BOOSTER)
- Optimize your site with our recommended optimization plugins & setting
- Use fast hosting server
I wrote the details on our blog https://thinkweb.dev/how-to/create-a-new-elementor-website-loads-faster/. I also provide some snippets you can use also. I hope this is useful.
There is a story behind why I wrote this article. First, on my last personal business, I have a web developer who helps me building websites using Elementor for my clients. His background is a web programmer who knows how to code a website using Html, JS and CSS. His coding skills is better than me. But every time the website is ready to optimize for speed, it was very hard to do.
Second, on our new business (ThinkWeb / TW), we had some websites to optimize for an web agency in Germany. All the websites are slow and heavy on database.
The issue from the first and second story is same. They don’t build the website with a performance mindset. For instance, they uploaded images without compressed, using too many plugins (and some plugins actually are no used), they don’t optimize the fonts, they use unnecessary inner sections and many more. Because of that, I want to share my experience with the help of my partner in TW on this article.
If you have some topics to discuss, I’m glad to have some discussion here or in other posts related topics.