Ciao From Italia

• 17 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Everyone - So excited to be here. A little bit about me. Back in 2010 I quit my life, sold everything I owned in New Jersey and decided to move to the beach in Southern Italy. (Yes it sounds like a movie or something). I didn’t speak Italian, I hadn’t seen my cousins here since I was about 3 years old, and I had no real way to make money except my tiny little hobby of web design. Back then it was all html and css and closing brackets!!! (Why won’t they ever close!!!!). WordPress was just starting to become a thing. I spent a few years bouncing around, working online when I could, getting paid nothing, but learning soooo much! 

In 2016, I decided I wanted to go all in with web design and WordPress. I was so excited when Elementor finally came out because not only could I design beautiful websites BUT my clients could actually use them afterwards. Thanks to zoom, tech support looked more like share your screen and I’ll show you how to do it instead of weeks of coding and trying to figure out what my clients really wanted. 

Recently I have decided to exclusively build websites in Elementor (I’m very glad to never have to see another Divi site) and also to start creating templates for Elementor which are sold on my website. It has been such and incredible opportunity and I’m so thankful for everything that Elementor let’s us do with websites. 

Also, I still live on the beach and have a beautiful home and family now in Calabria. Can’t wait to connect with you all here.

Ciao!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the forum/hub - jealous that you live on the beach, would love that but then I do have the wonderful views of the Welsh mountain valleys, so should not complain lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Welcome Stephanie, enjoy your stay here (although it is not sunny Calabria). :)

Userlevel 3

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the forum/hub - jealous that you live on the beach, would love that but then I do have the wonderful views of the Welsh mountain valleys, so should not complain lol

Oh how lovely!!! Wales is one of my travel list spots actually!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Welcome.
me too from Italy but not beach :( 

Userlevel 3

To make it worse I am in Tropea :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

To make it worse I am in Tropea :) 

i like onion.
Slurp XD 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello Stephanie!
I have read all the user submissions here and I must say that your story inspired me the most.
Thanks for sharing it)