Quick Suggestion

• 16 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’ve noticed that when I chose a best answer to my question I was no longer able to post comments in my thread to say thank you. This makes us appear ungrateful to the kind folk who provide solutions.

As William Arthur Ward said, “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”

It would be great to change this so that we can say thank you to those who take the time to help us out!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Antony Hepworth I think that the fact of assigning the best answer to a user is already explicitly a thank you.
I don't think leaving a post open even after the author has chosen the best answer would be helpful.
If you want to thank other people who participated in the post as well, even though they didn't give you the best answer, you can do so before assigning it.

Badge

If you want to thank other people who participated in the post as well, even though they didn't give you the best answer, you can do so before assigning it.

How many people know if they pick an answer they won’t be able to say thank you though? It seems a little sad for the OP not to be able to express their gratitude to someone who has selflessly given their time to help a stranger.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

How many people know if they pick an answer they won’t be able to say thank you though? It seems a little sad for the OP not to be able to express their gratitude to someone who has selflessly given their time to help a stranger.

mmhhh the post closing after best answer is a standard that, for me, all know so for me is absolutely normal and giving best answer i’m saying thank you to that person.

May be the Elementor Staff will follow your suggest and add a message with an info that after to have assigned the best answer the post will be closed but, for me, is not necessary because i’ve ever known  this situation how a standard on forum.

Badge

mmhhh the post closing after best answer is a standard that, for me, all know so for me is absolutely normal and giving best answer i’m saying thank you to that person.

Each to their own of course, I just like to make my 'thank you's personal 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Each to their own of course, I just like to make my 'thank you's personal 🙂

Ok thank you :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’ve noticed that when I chose a best answer to my question I was no longer able to post comments in my thread to say thank you. This makes us appear ungrateful to the kind folk who provide solutions.

As William Arthur Ward said, “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”

It would be great to change this so that we can say thank you to those who take the time to help us out!

Thanks for the feedback :)