Solved

Missing option to delete post

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

There is no option to delete a post. Or it is so hidden that even experienced users have to search for a very long time.

icon

Best answer by Natan Leibzon 3 May 2021, 16:26

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I too would like to be able to Delete or Edit my posts. I have just joined the Forum.

If I  have entered incorrect information or Code then I would like the option to either re word my post or delete it completely.

Why is this option not available in the front end?

What are you using for this forum?

Surely this is available to be turned on from the Administration side!

So this question goes back 4 Months and the Moderator cannot give an Answer???

The longer we go without the option to delete or edit, the messier our forum becomes. We don’t just need more time, we need a dedicated delete/edit option just like every other forum that exists on the internet. Mistakes, duplications, and incomplete posts are floating about needlessly exhausting the time of people searching for answers, or those searching for solutions to provide that aren’t needed. @Natan Leibzon 

I too would like to be able to Delete or Edit my posts. I have just joined the Forum.

If I  have entered incorrect information or Code then I would like the option to either re word my post or delete it completely.

Why is this option not available in the front end?

What are you using for this forum?

Surely this is available to be turned on from the Administration side!

So this question goes back 4 Months and the Moderator cannot give an Answer???

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey all,

The delete option is only from the backend @Susan Hope from the front side you can only edit our post up to 60 minutes. if you think more time needed we would love to hear :)

I would love to delete a post. I have asked the same question 3x. Twice because I decided to add a link to a video because it was hard to clarify with text alone, (and there is no option to upload videos, so I had to upload it to YouTube which was a hassle). And a third time because for some reason the 2nd didn’t initially post, but it did later- possibly needed approval. The whole time I thought I could just delete the other questions. Now it’s hard for me to keep track of my questions because I show two unanswered questions and it’s already been resolved. It creates more clutter in the system to show seemingly “unanswered” questions in the search, when we would rather people find the one that is answered. Not to mention more opportunities for someone to take the time to solve my issue, causing unnecessary effort and notifications. I hope we can see a delete button in the near future! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey all,

The delete option is only from the backend @Susan Hope from the front side you can only edit our post up to 60 minutes. if you think more time needed we would love to hear :)

Hi, Natan. Is it possible to edit the post at anytime? Sometime we need to edit / remove / rephrase the words we have written ^^  For example, I got some suggestion not to use negative words on my post. Just an idea. Thanks man :sunglasses:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey all,

The delete option is only from the backend @Susan Hope from the front side you can only edit our post up to 60 minutes. if you think more time needed we would love to hear :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have just looked at one of my own posts, expecting to see a delete option (even if just because I am a moderator) but do not see one either, let’s ask @Natan Leibzon if he can shed a light on this :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Especially since I think there is a right to be forgotten.

From a workflow point of view, the future moderators will certainly be thrilled if they constantly get deletion requests from users. :wink:

@humberto 
Me too think to right to be forgotten but it is all related to T&C subscribed taht i’ve tried to read and there is not any info about this action (except maded by moderators) so could be that we can not delete our published content also if appear a strange decision and option but i’m curious to better know what are the policies.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Sometimes you change your mind if it's post is appropriate, maybe it existed before, maybe you accidentally created a post twice,... there are many reasons why you want to delete a post. Especially since I think there is a right to be forgotten.

From a workflow point of view, the future moderators will certainly be thrilled if they constantly get deletion requests from users. :wink:

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think it's a community to help each other, so if you asked for help and somebody helps you its amazing,

But if you had the question probably somebody else had the same question, it's not necessary to ask the question again, but look for if it's is already there.

So why the need to delete a post?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Oh yes also for the comments or replies i’ve not found an option to delete.
Only idea to do that is to edit and delete the content but is not surely a good work around.