Solved

How to found every moderator or staff member?

• 29 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi,
in a recent reply i’ve tried to mention moderators (so expert people) or staff member to help a user (

because i’ve not been able to help him.

Doing this action i’ve had difficulty in being able to find the people to mention and I had to do a random search through the posts in addition to trying to remember the name of the various people.
Therefore, the question in question arises for me.
If there is not a section that shows the staff members and moderators you could not create a "generic" mention @moderators that generates a notification to them in case you need to request help? 
Or typing the symbol @, in addition to immediately see the participants in the post could not be useful to highlight the moderators also for any reports against them? 
Could be, also for you, a useful function?

icon

Best answer by Nigel Hancock 29 May 2021, 09:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Natan Leibzon or @Verdi Heinz when you get the time can you respond to this one please, thanks :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mario Barretta I’m not sure why you would want to do this?  As moderators and administrators, we’re not necessarily ‘experts’ and, although sometimes we do offer possible solutions or ideas,  our main job is to moderate the forum, keeping it a safe and informative place to be.  Tagging us in on a topic just creates more workload but, having said that, if you find a post that is in some way offensive and/or breaks forum rules, you can use the “Flag” option under each post and the team will be alerted and will deal with it if needed.  Hope that clarifies things?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mario Barretta I’m not sure why you would want to do this?  As moderators and administrators, we’re not necessarily ‘experts’ and, although sometimes we do offer possible solutions or ideas,  our main job is to moderate the forum, keeping it a safe and informative place to be.  Tagging us in on a topic just creates more workload but, having said that, if you find a post that is in some way offensive and/or breaks forum rules, you can use the “Flag” option under each post and the team will be alerted and will deal with it if needed.  Hope that clarifies things?

Yes i know that moderators not mean exactly experts but is ever a refer for users and to can found and see them can be useful (for me) 
May be the mention is too invasive but i think that to can found members could be an help for users.
in my last action i’ve tried to help a user and i’ve thought that moderators could be mor useful than me so i’ve mentioned them.
If you think that this request is not a good idea i can remove immediately without any problem :) 
thank You for your reply and thank you to @Susan Hope for mention :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mario Barretta @Susan Hope I’ve marked @Nigel Hancock ‘s answer as best as he took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak.

• Only tag Nate if the forum is broke somehow. He is responsible for the technical side and collects feedback which is sent to the Dev’s of this forum.
  • Tag me if you’re a moderator and feel an Admin / Elementor Employee should step in. Every Mod knows when to do this and when not to.

Answers should be give by users (and not just the same one, looking at you Mario! ;-) as this is a community, not a support forum. Having said that, at one point there might be a Room where support Engineers can be found. If that happens, it will not be this year though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mario Barretta @Susan Hope I’ve marked @Nigel Hancock ‘s answer as best as he took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak.

• Only tag Nate if the forum is broke somehow. He is responsible for the technical side and collects feedback which is sent to the Dev’s of this forum.
  • Tag me if you’re a moderator and feel an Admin / Elementor Employee should step in. Every Mod knows when to do this and when not to.

Answers should be give by users (and not just the same one, looking at you Mario! ;-) as this is a community, not a support forum. Having said that, at one point there might be a Room where support Engineers can be found. If that happens, it will not be this year though.

Thank You and excuse me for disturb :( 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Mario Barretta @Susan Hope I’ve marked @Nigel Hancock ‘s answer as best as he took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak.

Just to be clear, I only tagged Natan because of the OP’s question here:

“If there is not a section that shows the staff members and moderators you could not create a "generic" mention @moderators that generates a notification to them in case you need to request help? “

As Natan is as you say the technical side of things, I thought he may know the answer from a technical point of view and/or this would be feedback :)

Cheers