First impressions

• 22 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Here’s my feedback after using the platform for a couple of hours as a regular user:

• The notifications don’t update automatically, you need to refresh the page to get the latest updates. Also, the updates are not very obvious on the frontpage. Coming from Facebook, where the notifications happen in real time and have a clear indicator, this will take some time to get used to. Within this couple of hours I’ve already missed some replies because I didn’t noticed there were updates.
  • When I go to a specific room and create a new post, it would be really nice to have that room already selected in the post options.
  • Nigel tried to embed a Youtube video without success. This feature is a must-have, since it keeps users inside the platform. Everytime someone leaves to watch a Youtube video it might not get back. So many distractions out there…

And that’s it, so far.

I see great potential in this platform, and as soon as it features some content it will become the go-to place for Elementor related stuff.

;)

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I noticed point number two myself as well and was about to put that as a feature request. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Yes, it’s really annoying. You spend some time searching for the right room to post, and then you have to select it again.
One would assume that if you are in room A or B you want to post in room A or B. You might change your mind and select another room once you start writing your post, but the option should be current room by default.

(Anyone found a shortcut to send a post or reply? Enter or Shift + Enter creates a new line, CRTL or CMD or ALT + Enter do nothing).

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Notifications need major improvement, I didn’t even know you responded to me, I coincidently opened this topic to see what other points you had mentioned. Its going to be a major issue if notifications aren’t improved. Also, maybe someone with a better idea of the language can comment like @NigelH is it supposed to say “Send” or “Submit” below? I thought send would be more useful when you are sending an email, versus submitting a response or reply?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Send doesn’t bother me much.

If I had to, I would replace the Send button with “Post” for news posts and “Reply” for replies.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Maybe enabling Push Notifications would help improve the overall notification system, since all major OSes have this feature built-in.

The first thing I did when I joined was to disable all e-mail notifications. I don’t want to receive dozens of notifications per day.

For posting into rooms, it would be more intuitive if we had the option at the top of the room’s posts list so we know that we are posting into that specific room.

This needs to be as simple as possible for even the most technically challenged person.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I could embed this Giphy though...

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I really miss a more obvious “new notifications” indication. A counter next to the profile photo, for instance. It also needs to update automatically, without the need to refresh the page.

Although we spend most of our days on a browser, we have to split our attention between several open tabs. An indicator of x new notifications on the Hub browser tab (like Facebook) would also help us to react faster to users input.