Additional Community Features / Changes

Userlevel 4
Badge

Maybe its just me, but semantically I am having issues finding things or the best way to find topics within this community and I think it will get worse as more and more posts/topics come in. I think we have a good start here, but you all asked for some feedback so some of my thoughts are below (and I would appreciate everyone else chiming in) :grinning:

So if you want to get a good idea as to what this community could look like or additional features that are available, take a look at other communities built on the same software: https://www.insided.com/customers/community-examples

Specific examples:

• https://community.zapier.com/ - I love the way they display the categories/boards - visually it is really easy to find the place to post questions

They also have a nice search bar, quick links, and helpful articles right at the top of the page.

Some others that look nice visually and are easy to understand

What does everyone think?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Nice suggest and ideas.
I think that this community/forum will change a lot in the near future.
This is only the first, and beta, version.
 I’m a real fan of UX and UI so i think that there is a work to do and to improve this new community.
I’m also sure that this platform could be used in the support sector integrating Customer Care service.
I’ve also written some posts about it

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

SIgh 
newly published a comment and i’ve lost it after publishing 
@Verdi Heinz please can you verify ? 

It was the #514 interaction

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

SIgh 
newly published a comment and i’ve lost it after publishing 
@Verdi Heinz please can you verify ? 

It was the #514 interaction

I will go and check for it now :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Brian 

Thanks for the feedback, continue to send them toward us :) 

What you suggested it’s defiantly on our road map.

Do you believe is it easier to find topics in this way - with categories on the home page? Can you elaborate?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Couldn’t agree more.
Also, you have to go through a lot of stuff in the frontpage before getting to the latest posts. Community Rooms (this could be displayed on the sidebar or as tabs or a simple menu) and Hot Posts (it always shows the same posts from 21 days ago) take a lot of space and if you don’t scroll past those you’ll miss the latest interactions.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Brian 

Thanks for the feedback, continue to send them toward us :) 

What you suggested it’s defiantly on our road map.

Do you believe is it easier to find topics in this way - with categories on the home page? Can you elaborate?

Thanks. Just trying to be helpful :)

I think it is easier when the categories are front and center. The problem right now is that a user may not know what is available and will have to click multiple times to find stuff. For example, to talk about design I have to know to look under "Advanced Rooms" ... that makes some sense now that I know it is there, but it's not really obvious. The same is true for other rooms, for example "News & Updates" being under "Welcome to the community." If they were in category or drop downs, like in the examples, it would be much easier to find what a user is looking for. Perhaps I am a bit bias as I come from the “old school” forum software, but those were always super easy to find stuff.

Maybe this is just me, but the current homepage is very visually busy with the graphics… I mean they do look cool, but there is a lot going on:

Not as big of a deal, but just an observation… maybe others disagree.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Couldn’t agree more.
Also, you have to go through a lot of stuff in the frontpage before getting to the latest posts. Community Rooms (this could be displayed on the sidebar or as tabs or a simple menu) and Hot Posts (it always shows the same posts from 21 days ago) take a lot of space and if you don’t scroll past those you’ll miss the latest interactions.

Agree. Those hot posts take up a lot of real estate “above the fold.” Frankly I like reading/helping out with Elementor questions (lol, I’ll join the fan club), but I find it hard to find new stuff by browsing the rooms and find myself just looking in the recently active “feed” maybe thats ok, but it will become unwieldy as this forum grows.