Question

Transferring Elementor to from wp.com to new webhost

• 25 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I am transferring my website from wordpress.com to a web host using wordpress.org

I have built the majority of my website using Elementor. 

How do I ensure I do not lose any parts of my design by transferring to a web host?

So far I have imported wp.com files from current website to another temporary domain (before I switch to my main domain) but of course Elementor files didn't import across.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Luke de Bomford Have you found your answer yet? If so, please share it here so we can mark your answer as the best one and help others who may have a similar question, thanks :)

If you still need help: It may be that you will still have to do a certain amount of rebuilding because I think you can only transfer pages, posts and possibly a few other things from WPdotCom (but I could be wrong so hopefully someone will step in and say so).

For the areas you have used Elementor to design, go into each page and save each one as a template in the same way as in this gif (this is for a landing page but the principal is the same)

Then you will need to go to your templates and download them and then log into your new dashboard and import them, as in this image:

Then follow this image: