Solved

New to Elementor

• 10 August 2021
  • 16 replies

Badge

I am considering purchasing Elementor for all my domains.  Does anyone know if any of the Pro versions cover more than one Domain?  Or do I need to purchase Elementor for every Domain I own?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Mark Blair 11 August 2021, 16:26

View original

16 replies

Badge

Hi

The Pricing page https://elementor.com/pricing/ answers your question I think.

Badge

Hi

The Pricing page https://elementor.com/pricing/ answers your question I think.

Hi.  Thank you for trying.  I don’t mean to be rude, but I wouldn’t be posting the question here if it did.

Badge

No problem.

So do you have multiple websites on the same domain?

Usually peope have one site on one domain, hence the reason why i thought the ‘Pricing’ page would answer your question.

Badge

No problem.

So do you have multiple websites on the same domain?

Usually peope have one site on one domain, hence the reason why i thought the ‘Pricing’ page would answer your question.

Right.  I have multiple domains, and the word “Website” could be referring to either Domains or URL’s.  But they do not specify.  I currently have 6 different Domains I own and will be creating more.  I do not want to have to purchase Elementor for every Domain if I can avoid it.  That would make it INCREDIBLY expensive for me.

Badge

In the FAQ section of the Elementor site it says the following:

Yes. You can transfer the Pro license key by deactivating Elementor from your previous domain and activate it on the new one. 

I presume you could build one site with Elementor, then switch the license to your next domain and work on that site without it affecting the first.

Perhaps someone else could confirm this?

Badge

In the FAQ section of the Elementor site it says the following:

Yes. You can transfer the Pro license key by deactivating Elementor from your previous domain and activate it on the new one. 

I presume you could build one site with Elementor, then switch the license to your next domain and work on that site without it affecting the first.

Perhaps someone else could confirm this?

That is certainly an interesting idea.  Based what I currently understand from various third party training videos, while Elementor will still work once no longer active on a Domain, it will not continue updating with all the other apps on the domain, which will eventually cause problems.  

I know Elementor allows Website Developers to use their software for multiple clients.  I guess the question is, which Pro Account do I need for it to work for multiple Domains?  Or is that even how it works, because in one third party video, he explains that he purchases Elementor for each customer and charges them for it...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Depends on how many licenses you need - in terms of how many sites.
You will need one for each sub-domain or staging site.

Badge

Depends on how many licenses you need - in terms of how many sites.
You will need one for each sub-domain or staging site.

Oh.  Interesting.  This is the first time I hearing the term “Sub-domain.”  Not sure I have any of those.  I have several different domains for different home improvement companies that I am enterprising together.  Kind of like how Coca Cola owns many different brands, but they all have their own website domains.  

I’m in the beginning of getting this started, and on a low budget, so I’m really hoping I don’t need to purchase Elementor for every domain.  But if I do, then I know I will get the cheapest version and only use it for the Home Page, because otherwise it gets WAY too expensive for me.

In either case, I need to know if I need to get the cheap version for every domain, or if a more expensive version can cover all my domains.  Any idea’s?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

With 6 websites (each on a different domain), I believe you would want the Expert plan. What I see (US in case it is localized) that would get you 25 licenses for $199/yr.

So, after your 6 are used, you would still have 19 left for any future sites.

I guess you could get 2 expert plans -- (that covers your sites as they include 3 licenses each), but that would add up to the same price and have 19 less licenses.

I’m hoping I understand your needs correctly.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try the cheapest plan at the moment, and for your questions if the Elementor expires will your website still working? Yes, just dont edit it.  The cons of not updating the website will be a disaster. You will also need to update the core for able to fix some issues found, if you did that your expired Elementor maybe will also get issues.  

As for my experience, I update my Elementor plugin frequently to fix the bugs or issues also wordpress. Its still the best to always up to update. Just my 1cent.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Good shout by Mark to get the Expert Plan

Badge

With 6 websites (each on a different domain), I believe you would want the Expert plan. What I see (US in case it is localized) that would get you 25 licenses for $199/yr.

So, after your 6 are used, you would still have 19 left for any future sites.

I guess you could get 2 expert plans -- (that covers your sites as they include 3 licenses each), but that would add up to the same price and have 19 less licenses.

I’m hoping I understand your needs correctly.

Have you purchased the Expert Plan?  You know for a fact it comes with 3 licenses for 3 domains?  Does that mean Studio will come with even more licenses for more Domains?  I have to ask here because Elementor isn’t responding to me directly and I don’t have enough money to make a mistake here.  I need the least expensive option to support, at least, up to 6 domains for now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Expert gives you 25.

No ambiguity there :)

Badge

Expert gives you 25.

Maybe I’m stupid.  But to me, website and domain are not the same thing.  A domain is the address for a website, but a website can contain many URL’s with different web pages.  To me, the word website can be used to refer to either a domain or a URL.  I have no idea how Elementor is using the term.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Expert gives you 25.

Maybe I’m stupid.  But to me, website and domain are not the same thing.  A domain is the address for a website, but a website can contain many URL’s with different web pages.  To me, the word website can be used to refer to either a domain or a URL.  I have no idea how Elementor is using the term.

You are technically correct. I remember when I first started in 1994 with building websites it was very common to use your hosting company’s address and you would have thousands of websites on one domain.

I’m not certain, but I suspect that Elementor’s licensing is tied to the number of WordPress installs. I do suspect that if you had 6 different WordPress websites on one domain you would still need 6 licenses.

In the case of your network, you are branding on 6 different domains (or subdomains), right? 

Now an interesting possibility for you (and something I did about a decade ago when I ran a unified network of sites) is consider WordPress multisite. Elementor has a blog post about it here:

https://elementor.com/blog/what-is-wordpress-multisite/

You do still need to have a license key for each network site per that article:

Can You Use Elementor Pro with WordPress Multisite?

Yes, you can use Elementor Pro alongside WordPress Multisite. However, you will need an active license key for each individual network site, rather than just using one license key for the entire network.

That said - you’ll want to read up on the cons of doing a multisite install. There are a lot of them (plugins that don’t work with it, difficulty in extracting individual sites, etc) but it was a convenient way to manage multiple websites that were interconnected and had some shared aspects.

Have you purchased the Expert Plan?  You know for a fact it comes with 3 licenses for 3 domains?  Does that mean Studio will come with even more licenses for more Domains?  I have to ask here because Elementor isn’t responding to me directly and I don’t have enough money to make a mistake here.  I need the least expensive option to support, at least, up to 6 domains for now. 

I messed up on the second part of that post - here is how it works, from my experience:

Expert plan = 25 WordPress installs. Costs $199/yr.

Advanced plan = 3 WordPress installs. Costs $99/yr.

I meant to say you could buy 2 Advanced plans ($198/yr would get you 6 sites), but that you might as well pay $199/yr and have that flexibility of having an extra 19 installs.

That is correct - with studio you can have 100. So, if I build sites for 30 of my clients, I would still have 70 left (common use of the Studio plan).

If you want to confirm your purchase with Elementor directly, I’d use the “pre sales” dropdown in the Form here: https://elementor.com/contact/

I suspect that is better monitored than the forum.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Expert gives you 25.

You are technically correct. I remember when I first started in 1994 with building websites it was very common to use your hosting company’s address and you would have thousands of websites on one domain.

I’m not certain, but I suspect that Elementor’s licensing is tied to the number of WordPress installs. I do suspect that if you had 6 different WordPress websites on one domain you would still need 6 licenses.

In the case of your network, you are branding on 6 different domains (or subdomains), right? 

Now an interesting possibility for you (and something I did about a decade ago when I ran a unified network of sites) is consider WordPress multisite. Elementor has a blog post about it here:

https://elementor.com/blog/what-is-wordpress-multisite/

You do still need to have a license key for each network site per that article:

Can You Use Elementor Pro with WordPress Multisite?

Yes, you can use Elementor Pro alongside WordPress Multisite. However, you will need an active license key for each individual network site, rather than just using one license key for the entire network.

That said - you’ll want to read up on the cons of doing a multisite install. There are a lot of them (plugins that don’t work with it, difficulty in extracting individual sites, etc) but it was a convenient way to manage multiple websites that were interconnected and had some shared aspects.

I messed up on the second part of that post - here is how it works, from my experience:

Expert plan = 25 WordPress installs. Costs $199/yr.

Advanced plan = 3 WordPress installs. Costs $99/yr.

I meant to say you could buy 2 Advanced plans ($198/yr would get you 6 sites), but that you might as well pay $199/yr and have that flexibility of having an extra 19 installs.

That is correct - with studio you can have 100. So, if I build sites for 30 of my clients, I would still have 70 left (common use of the Studio plan).

If you want to confirm your purchase with Elementor directly, I’d use the “pre sales” dropdown in the Form here: https://elementor.com/contact/

I suspect that is better monitored than the forum.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much.  This is definitely the best answer so far.  I have been trying to get an answer from Elementor through their contact page, as you suggested, for about a week now and still haven’t heard back from them.  I have sent in 3 questions.  They really only seem to care to respond to people who have already purchased their software, which I think is kind of a dick move.  I hope their customer service is good once purchased, because it’s terrible pre-purchase.  And since I’m not an expert, I imagine I will need to speak with an agent at some point regarding things I don’t understand.

In any case, thank you again for the information.  I will purchase the Expert plan, especially since I have plans for more website domains.