📣 New Course! Getting Started with Elementor

• 5 August 2021
  • 22 replies
📣 New Course! Getting Started with Elementor
Userlevel 4
Badge

Take the first step in your journey to becoming a professional web creator

Together, we’ll cover the essentials of working with Elementor to create a full website, including: 

• Installing and Activating the Hello theme
  • Creating web pages and a navigation menu in Wordpress
  • Setting up your design system and website structure for your Elementor website
  • Creating a header and footer using Elementor’s Hello theme. 
  • Using the Elementor Editor to build and fully style your entire website
  • Website optimization methods
  • Responsive editing
  • Tips and tricks, best practices, and workflow

All you need to get started is a Wordpress website and the FREE version of the Elementor Website Builder plugin. 

Can’t wait to see you there! 

Have you already completed the course?

The learning doesn’t end there. Post your course questions below and keep the discussion going! Be sure to include:

1. Which lesson you have a question about
  2. Your question
  3. Screenshot(s) depicting your issues, if applicable

with @michaelf @Steven @Simi 

22 replies

How?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Its simply superb!! Have checked it completely.

Glad to know that I am too covering all this in my Elementor Workshop for beginners where I go live on zoom and teach students about all the above.

Will this teach me to create a members only website … with a shop without prices that is only accessible by members..? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Tracey7 - This is a course for beginners. Just search in Youtube for videos on how to create a members only website. There are many videos available

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Will this teach me to create a members only website … with a shop without prices that is only accessible by members..? 

@Tracey7  Here’s how to create a Members Only Site - using Paid Membership Pro (Free).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Great Course :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Very Nice

Hey ,,everyone is telling that if u are making some changes in mobile section it'll will not affect the laptop or tablet version but when i am doing it the complete structure of my website's getting change even though i selected the mobile option & only editing for mobile view then why this is happening can anyone help me out? Please

Userlevel 1
Badge

Learned a lot from the Getting Started Tutorials.  It takes some time getting used to. But with repeated practice, I believe I can master the learnings.

Thank you for a great app and tutorial.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@voyager.10 Thank you for sharing your experience with the course :blush: 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Shubhdigitech 

Only settings with viewport icons can be changed for specific sizes. If a setting doesn't have a viewport icon next to it, changes will affect all sizes. So for the example below, the Shape settings will affect all sizes, and the Column setting will affect the viewport selected In this case mobile) and smaller

Check out this video on responsive design for more details

Hello Aviva, 

Thank you for your tutorials. I would like to find out which option could help me change the font size of a title without affecting the level of the header of the same title. What I mean is that, can I use for a meta-description H2 header with a small font size (75%) whilst using a secondary title in the body of a description H3 with a big font size (100%) as I have seen it on UX Builder (Flatsome theme) for SEO priority reasons.

Regards,

Andrew 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Aviva,

So far so good.  I have a question for Lesson 7, Creating Our Menu Page

Image Box and even with the heading widget.  The text won’t  wrap and instead compress in one line, making the letters overlap.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

overlapping letters, see the middle menu item.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @voyager.10, Lesson 07, wow that’s great 🤩  I’m not sure what’s going on, but perhaps the line height for that font style is set to a very small number. Can you take a look and let me know if increasing the line height solves the issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @voyager.10, Lesson 07, wow that’s great 🤩  I’m not sure what’s going on, but perhaps the line height for that font style is set to a very small number. Can you take a look and let me know if increasing the line height solves the issue?

Thanks for replying.  Where can I configure the line height for the font style?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for replying.  Where can I configure the line height for the font style?

Found it.  Also, I noticed I had PX for line height, I changed it into Em and things are looking fine.  Thanks again.

Why does my Elementor site look different?  I don’t have the side bar with “Style”, “Content” and “Advanced” so I cannot change my text color of my heading, or anything.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

@myoung303 Hmm, perhaps it’s a zoom issue in your browser? Can you try hitting Command or Control 0 (zero) to reset your browser size? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any recommendation how to perfectly migrate wp with elementor from localhost to active site?

Hello. I have a question. Lesson 02. I have no sidebar available for working with widgets.  The "loading" icon is constantly spinning.  What could be the problem? Thanks for answers.

For Lesson 08, on the last optimizing task to eliminate the columns... when I change the width of the widgets to 33.3%... it still stacks them on top of each other vertically, instead of the widgets moving in nicely side by side. Why could this be?

Thanks!

Jessica

Maybe I didn’t understand what you were saying but you said “ We were going to learn “. Now hearing that I was under assumption that you would be working so that I could duplicate what you were doing and create a website.  There are NO design files. 

How can I learn what you are doing if I am unable TO DO what you say you are showing me how to do ?  Make it make sense. 

Unfortunately, you are moving so fast and leaving out steps. For example, You set the colors but the design system didn’t exactly match what you were putting in the color values. Uppercase was not apart of your design system. 

Where are your design files where I can follow along ? If not, you have NOT given a tutorial but a typical fast demonstration. My original issue with Elementor when I purchased years ago. [ It seems No one in the company has no idea what a tutorial is supposed to be. ]

What you have right now is Fast clicks - No resource files - Action without explanation - Ta Dah - More Clicks - A new Website - User Confusion .