Solved

Making header

• 10 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi
New here and happy to join. 

I was trying to create a custom header (search “customise header” topic) and got some very helpful information from @Asaf Rotstain.  However a couple if issues remain, which I was directed to post here, under separate topics, so they can searchable and benefit others. 

- once I have created a header block, it is not yet global, i.e not showing up on all pages.  How do I do that? 

Many thanks, 

Jonas

icon

Best answer by Martin Waterhouse 13 January 2022, 23:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It’s the ‘Display Conditions’ that determine when a header is shown (typically the whole site).

If you edit your header template again you can find the options tucked away on the up arrow on the update button:-

Badge

THanks for looking into this Martin.  I dont seem to get that Display Conditions option when I go to the Update options arrow, see attched.
Grateful for any pointers, 

Many thanks, 

Jonas

Badge

attachment for previous post

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It sounds like you didn’t create it as a template?

Normally you would go through Templates > Theme Builder > Add New and choose Header.

You then just create the header section in that template, which is then applied to the rest of site (or part of it) using the Display Conditions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

? is that resovled ?

Badge

thanks Martin -  I managed to do as you said.  It looked as if it would work, but the menu seemed to be sitting on top of the next container, rather than above.  So, as the next container was a text box perssed enter a couple of times to get the text further down.  However the menu is only showing up in the Elementor editor, so when I view through another browser for example, it is no longer there…
Grateful for any suggestions! 
Thanks, 

Jonas

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Have you set absolute positioning on the text box by any chance (in the advanced tab under positoning)? Or negative top margin?

It sounds like the menu is sitting behind the text box, adjusting z-index would likely make it visible in your other browser but the real problem is the text box positioning (or it’s container). Hitting enter a couple of times moves the text down but the box still exists in the empty space - and this will look wrong on smaller screen sizes - so adding spacing in that way is never the ‘right’ way. :-)

Badge

That worked - thanks Martin!