Question

I need to change the values of the controls in widget panel dynamically

Badge

Can you give example for https://code.elementor.com/methods/elementor-controls_stack-set_settings/

For example; I’ve a custom text editor widget in one of my elementor page and its “name” value in the control panel is set as “xyz”. You store this settings in elementor tables! I cannot take from elementor tables since mine follows different design principles! Whenever the user provides new values in the widget panel, I store it in separate table. Now that separate table that have the settings for the text editor and its value changed to “are”. How I reflect  the change in the control panel when it is loading? The changes can be easily reflected in the control rendering, but it is difficult to reflect in the control panel, since I don’t find any way to do it! 

I there any method to change the settings of the control panel programatically? Give example! 

18 replies

Badge

If there is no way to do it then let me know, then I will create my own page editor using bootstrap! I will use elementor just for editor starting page, but all editing done in my code!

Badge

My project needs customised page editor and hope elementor will help on that! If not I need to create page editor from scratch! 

Badge

The elementor documentation is not helping much! To do a thing using elementor there is a need to beg for others help! Hope companies change to provide documentation, training and technical support for free for life time. After buying or getting free of your product one must not spend extra money to get trained or to get support! The training, support and documentation need to by provided by product company and not third party which delays or mis leads or mis informs or quality is not good! If documentation is fine I will not be asking this question here!

Badge

I’ve not bought the elementor pro since I cannot afford now! But I bought one plugin called wpDataTables that I need most! 

Badge

When you see a normal GUI or UI editor in other applications like Xcode, Vistual Studio, etc., they provide a way to change the control values programatically! Hope elementor able to do that! 

Badge

It will be more good if we all work together and create a single UI editor for all applications, that has all the features! Divi is going one way, Elementor is going another way! In word press we need to buy each components separately at big price! 

Badge

Please remove the human verification for the technical document which is un humanly! It is irritating whenever it asks to verify trucks and airplanes many times! Even after lots of effort is put on this human verification, the documentation is incomplete! That is more sad! 

Badge

Elementor is a great UI editor for web. If it is flexible then I can put my efforts to make it more better! 

Badge

For my project requirements, the elementor editor is not fully suitable…..as far as now….I’m planning to create a full blown editor later on from scratch…..for now elementor helps! Why I need to create a editor from scratch and is waste of time! Hope elementor is flexible! 

Badge

I find difficult to use buttons! How to handle button events on elementor panel and do server tasks? I cannot install scripts in server through terminal it is limited since I'm using a cheaper host for word press!

Badge

Why it is so much difficult to use elementor as a UI editor?

Badge

If project is successful I can put more money on elementor and other things like server so that I can make the server flexible to run terminal utilities! 

Badge

Hope I get reply! I wait for it!

Badge

Any reply! 

Badge

At least provide the reasons you not able to reply, so that we are aware of ! Just not replying is not feeling good! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Kumar Muthaiah I think the problem is, and the reason for no replies is that it’s hard to understand what it is you’re trying to achieve or what problems you are having.  This is actually made more difficult when you have posted 15 replies to your own post!

If you could take the time to state simply your needs, we may stand a better chance of helping you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to add to what @Nigel Hancock has said, your post was created as a conversation rather than a question and this may have delayed people finding your question. I have now converted it to a question. Thanks :)

Badge

I feel you will reply only if I stick to your rules! I will not be obedient and I will not loose my human rights! I will not ask any more questions in Elementor forum! I’ve learned a lesson that Elementor is not good in all respect!  I don’t respect people who treat me as slave! You will learn it in hard way in future! It’s up to you bye!