Question

Functionality similar to Beaver Themer 'Parts' ?

• 1 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I am new to Elementor. Having used Beaver Builder/Themer extensively previously. It seems to me there is nothing similar to Beaver Themer's (BT) 'parts', where you can add rows(sections) to pages/templates and specify WHEN and *WHERE exactly they should be on the page (*before header, after header, before content etc)

I have been advised to use 'Elementor Header & Footer Builder' plugin and use its blocks feature which apparently allows for this. It does seem a little clunky though as it means adding shortcodes on appropriate pages. 

Can someone knowledgeable with Elementor and BT confirm that this is this is the best method? Seems odd to me that Elementor does not have this built in like BT does and this extra plugin does not do it as easily as BT, but if this is the solution, i will have to go with it.

Many thanks in advance.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Darryl Reubens You can load sections and drag and drop there where you want them to be if you need to. Perhaps it would be more helpful if you can tell us what you want to achieve so that we can point you in the right direction as Elementor plus Elementor Pro can do so very much.

Badge +2

Hi Susan,

As an example, using Beaver Themer I can create a saved row (section) and have it use dynamic content, say, featured image and a couple of custom fields creating with ACF. I can have this row then appear on all single pages that are the child pages of ‘Accommodation’ . With this method i would not have to visit each individual page, and paste a template and manually change the data. Thus saving myself a lot of time. 

Is this something that is possible in Elementor? 

Many thanks,
Darryl

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Darryl Reubens Yes I believe it is possible using “Dynamic Tags” but you may need to also add Custom Post Type UI plugin if you have not already done so).

You would create (via Theme Builder) a template for the child pages and include in that all of the information you want to appear on those pages and in particular you would use Dynamic Tags to select the field you have created via ACF (and possibly CPTUI) as in the image below:

Not sure because I don’t know your set up but you may need to use posts instead of pages.

This may help you from Elementor Academy Dynamic Design (and I would suggest searching there for other tutorials, failing that YouTube, Paul Charlton, WPTuts has lots of videos on dynamic content.

Hope that helps some or at least sets you off in the right direction :)

https://elementor.com/academy/dynamic-design/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Darryl Reubens Sorry, forgot to add you would set up the “conditions” of the child page template by adding and excluding conditions to get this new template to show on all the pages you want it to.

Badge +2

Badge +2

The issue i have is that there is no option to add a ‘part’ (Beaver terminology) or a template. Is this the UI i add it from? This is the only part i am unclear on really. I am familiar with dynamic content and CPTs etc. Just i cant seem to get anything similar to Beaver Builders ‘parts’, there is no option to add a template from the above ui

Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The issue i have is that there is no option to add a ‘part’ (Beaver terminology) or a template. Is this the UI i add it from? This is the only part i am unclear on really. I am familiar with dynamic content and CPTs etc. Just i cant seem to get anything similar to Beaver Builders ‘parts’, there is no option to add a template from the above ui

Many thanks 

What does the “part” do or have in it in this case? 

From theme builder you would create either a single post or single page and then design it to have all the parts that you want and then in the conditions you set where that new template appears. In the template you would add your “Part” so in the image you show, you select Single Post or Single Page.

Badge +2

I tried adding a single page and then adding in my template (which comprises just one section), it prompts me for when it will display (ie all pages, excluding home page), but there was nothing about where it will display (ie after header or before content). It actually just replaced everything i had already created on the page (reverted now).

In Beaver Themer a ‘part’ is basically the same as a saved template than you can specify when and where (on the page) on will display. So each page can have its own static content but then, for example, for all children or the accommodation page it can have my saved template display ‘after header’ and then after it all the regular static page content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried adding a single page and then adding in my template (which comprises just one section), it prompts me for when it will display (ie all pages, excluding home page), but there was nothing about where it will display (ie after header or before content). It actually just replaced everything i had already created on the page (reverted now).

In Beaver Themer a ‘part’ is basically the same as a saved template than you can specify when and where (on the page) on will display. So each page can have its own static content but then, for example, for all children or the accommodation page it can have my saved template display ‘after header’ and then after it all the regular static page content. 

Sorry but I meant you should go to THEME BUILDER and there you add a template called “single page” and that is the template, so you don’t add a template to it, does that help?

Badge +2

There appear to be 2 ways to get to the theme builder. The dashboard theme builder and the elementor ui theme builder. With the dashboard method having a ‘single’ option and the other not. 

I was hopeful this would be what i am after but after creating a ‘single’ and chosing ‘section’ and naming  it just takes me to the library and any searches on the name result in nothing. 

Did the second paragraph of my previous response make sense? That is what Beaver themer allows you to do, perhaps things just don’t work that way with Elementor? I’m not too sure now. 

Badge +2

Separately, will there come a time where my responses do not have to wait for moderation to be published? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I apologise for the reply going into moderation, it is the forum I think picking up on the name of the previous builder, perhaps now use “B”.

I am afraid I have to go offline now so I will try and help some more tomorrow but I do advise searching the Academy in the link I shared earlier and/or searching their YouTube channel for tutorials on how Theme Builder works YouTube

Badge +2

Thanks Susan. I checked the link but it doesnt really go over what i was asking about unfortunately.