Solved

Edit with Elementor "Site Footer Option"

Userlevel 1

Where do I find the Edit with Elementor "Site Footer" option? It is missing under my "Edit with Elementor". Please can you guide me on where to find this or turn it on? I have Elementor Premium. Thanks in Advance?

icon

Best answer by Phyly 22 July 2021, 12:50

Wanted to add to footer.  Made new page and went to menus. Added new “Footer Menu” and added the new pages to it. It worked with links etc. Only problem Elementor has put the two new pages I made under the copyright notice and not along side it. So another problem.

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

O.K.many thanks for you help to day.

Change of tact. I posted a message 1 day ago on FIX COMMON ISSUES heading Link images to text.

I have had no replies and it could be in the wrong section. If socould you move it for me or should I just repost.

Please don’t repost and it sounds like it is in the correct area. Please bear with us as we have had a huge influx of new members this week, hopefully someone will help soon and I will go and take a look for it.

Userlevel 2

O.K.many thanks for you help to day.

Change of tact. I posted a message 1 day ago on FIX COMMON ISSUES heading Link images to text.

I have had no replies and it could be in the wrong section. If socould you move it for me or should I just repost.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Astra theme with Elementor basic.

ok well the positioning of that menu is being controlled by your Astra theme so you need to check Astra settings.

Userlevel 2

Astra theme with Elementor basic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Ah ok, right what theme are you using please, it may be a setting in the theme that has put it there or did you make this footer yourself with Theme Builder (need Pro to do that)?

Userlevel 2

They are in the footer which is what I want, but they have been drooped a line under the copyright notice. I wanted them all in line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

ok so where did you want the two policy pages to appear? If you need them to be in your main menu, then you need to select to edit the Main Menu, then add the two pages to it and drag and drop them to the position you want them to be in.

If not, where did you want them to appear?

Userlevel 2

Sorry did not understand, hope this is O.K.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I actually meant the settings you used in the dashboard. However, it looks like you need to select the location for where you want this menu to appear.

Userlevel 2

Still working on site but is this what you wanted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Wanted to add to footer.  Made new page and went to menus. Added new “Footer Menu” and added the new pages to it. It worked with links etc. Only problem Elementor has put the two new pages I made under the copyright notice and not along side it. So another problem.

That’s great you solved part of it. Can you supply a screenshot for the second problem so we can see the settings you have used, thanks :)

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Phyly Did one of the suggestions help you sort it out, if so, please click on “Best Answer” for the post that helped you, if not, please can you explain how you sorted it out so we can mark your answer as Best Answer - this helps people searching for the same or similar problem, Thanks

Userlevel 2

Thanks I have sorted it now.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hmm the theme builder is part of elementor pro - is your license definitely activated and connected to this site? Otherwise need to use default theme header and footer. Or could you send me a screenshot of the locked options so I can better understand your issue. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks but when I did that all the options are locked. All I really want to do is edit current footer in Elementor (Free) and Astra.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey there! You can go to templates - > theme builder

And then add new footer :) This will replace the theme footer once published.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2

Me too.

Userlevel 1

@Zetechh how do I choose from a theme? My theme already has the footer, I am just looking for the Site Footer Elementor option to edit it so I don’t have to use the header and footer block for now

Userlevel 1

@Denzu93 I am using Astra Theme, but I have Elementor Pro and trying to build with Elementor ...where do I find the create footer? I am using a video from Youtube and he had the “Site Footer” option under his “Edit With Elementor”

You can either create from scratch or choose from a theme.

Do you have create Footer in elementor or you use some theme ?