Solved

changing background footer color.

• 24 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi guys.

I am having problems with changing my background footage color.

In elementor I'm able to change it in appearance > customize but l dont get the update button to update my changes so they dont apply. 

Might it be because I havent upgraded to Go Pro?

Because my Customize Css isint activated as well.

If I purchase go Pro will it solve my problem?or the solution is different?

Find image attached l want to change the purple color on the footer background to maroon

icon

Best answer by skamerica 24 July 2021, 14:56

Assuming you created and are able to access your footer template from the WordPress dashboard: Templates > Theme Builder > Footer then select your footer template to edit it. 

Your footer has two main parts the section which you would like to color maroon (#800000) and the column which you want to leave black (#000000). 

Inside your column you have your logo, and a menu. These items are all good and you only need to edit the section’s background color. 

First, check if the entire footer background is currently set to the color purple. To check that,  with the footer open, click on the cog wheel at the bottom of the elementor editor column. Then at the very top of that same column you will see Footer Settings, just below that you will have the buttons: settings, style, advanced. You should click on style. You will have a set of 4 options the first is Background Type and that should be the paintbrush. The second is Color and it should either be the the color purple which is your current background color or have a red diagonal line through it. If it is the color purple click on the purple square and in the box showing the # followed by 6 numbers and letters, replace that with #800000 and your problem will be solved. 

If you see the red diagonal line you should click on that and add #800000 as the color and this will set the background for the entire footer. 

Second, check the background color for the section. Move your mouse over toward the top of your footer until you see the tab appear at the top of your section. 

Edit section tab is showing.

Next click on the tab with the 6 dots, it is the middle one. 

In to the left in the black column you will see the Style option at the top, click on it. Then click on background. The background type should be the paintbrush and the color box should have a red diagonal line through it. 

When you have the colors set the way you want them click the green update button. If your change does not appear when you view the site, please open a private or incognito browser window and check the url. If that does not work make sure you have cleared all and any caches you have working on the site. Sometimes your host will have a cache that you might need to clear. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Assuming you created and are able to access your footer template from the WordPress dashboard: Templates > Theme Builder > Footer then select your footer template to edit it. 

Your footer has two main parts the section which you would like to color maroon (#800000) and the column which you want to leave black (#000000). 

Inside your column you have your logo, and a menu. These items are all good and you only need to edit the section’s background color. 

First, check if the entire footer background is currently set to the color purple. To check that,  with the footer open, click on the cog wheel at the bottom of the elementor editor column. Then at the very top of that same column you will see Footer Settings, just below that you will have the buttons: settings, style, advanced. You should click on style. You will have a set of 4 options the first is Background Type and that should be the paintbrush. The second is Color and it should either be the the color purple which is your current background color or have a red diagonal line through it. If it is the color purple click on the purple square and in the box showing the # followed by 6 numbers and letters, replace that with #800000 and your problem will be solved. 

If you see the red diagonal line you should click on that and add #800000 as the color and this will set the background for the entire footer. 

Second, check the background color for the section. Move your mouse over toward the top of your footer until you see the tab appear at the top of your section. 

Edit section tab is showing.

Next click on the tab with the 6 dots, it is the middle one. 

In to the left in the black column you will see the Style option at the top, click on it. Then click on background. The background type should be the paintbrush and the color box should have a red diagonal line through it. 

When you have the colors set the way you want them click the green update button. If your change does not appear when you view the site, please open a private or incognito browser window and check the url. If that does not work make sure you have cleared all and any caches you have working on the site. Sometimes your host will have a cache that you might need to clear.