Question

Advice on Elementor Pro Gallery widget

• 18 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Just completed a website for an artist client.

https://chrismorganart.com

Used the Pro gallery widget that works reasonably well enough, however, is there any way to link an onclick function of a unique custom URL onto an individual image in the gallery, rather than a blanket and common URL for all images in the gallery. Currently my options are> None | Media File | Custom URL, however the Custom URL works through all images in the Gallery, rather than a custom URL unique to each image.

Best Regards

Tom Scott.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tom Scott 

Your question seems to have been unanswered for a while, do you still need help? Or have you found your answer? If so, please share it here so we can mark your answer as the best one and help others who may run into a similar issue.

Hello @Susan Hope,

In fact I am have the same question.

There is no individual location where we could add a link to a landing page related to the specific image in the gallery.

Is there a way to upgrade this functionality.

Mansour Azar

No, which is idiotic. Hopefully this is upgraded soon, why would anyone want a gallery of multiple images to link to one url? And is there some way to turn off the title/filter area without CSS? Another thing that makes no sense. 

Searching online finds this, which seems to add individual links for me: https://element.how/elementor-gallery-links-pro/

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Fr.Mansour,

why don't you do it like this:
1.add an image, set url, done.
2.add an image, set url, done.
3.add an image, set url, done.
4.add an image, set url, done.
5. 4 images with 4 url's.

or did i understand you wrong?

:laughing:

Best Regards
Andi

Hi Fr.Mansour,

why don't you do it like this:
1.add an image, set url, done.
2.add an image, set url, done.
3.add an image, set url, done.
4.add an image, set url, done.
5. 4 images with 4 url's.

or did i understand you wrong?

:laughing:

Best Regards
Andi

You understand it wrong. With the image gallery module, you can only set one url for the entire set of images, which is nonsense. You can make a bunch of single image modules in their own columns, but them you miss out on the built-in rollover tools of the image gallery. Why you cant access the same effects for every module is another question entirely. 

Badge

Hello, 

I am having the exact same road block. I just want to have a custom URL for the Filter/Tab of the gallery so users can arrive to a pre-filtered gallery from another page. Webflow has this feature and I’m wondering why Elementor doesn’t. It’s such a common need. 

In the meantime,  I found this tutorial which adds strings to the end of the URL (ex. www...gallery/?subgallerytitle) for Tabs and Accordion widgets in Elementor. I am trying to apply it to the gallery widget. Maybe this will help. 

https://element.how/elementor-open-specific-tab-toggle-accordion/?heythere#login

Badge

I also have the same problem!

And no, I am not able to switch to the media carousel, as I want to have a gallery and the option of block alignment.

Why do you not just change the possibility inserting images into the same option as the media carousel?

It is possible to insert a clickable URL for each picture in the Elementor Media Carousel.

I have a question on the Media Carousel: Is there a capacity limit? My need is 100-150 thumbnails.