Solved

Youtube Video Not Displaying

Userlevel 1

I’m working on a client’s website (pashamarlowe.com) and the youtube videos on the homepage will not display. First, it will just create a blank space if I try to add the youtube video link in to the video widget. I can almost get it to work using the image overlay feature. For some reason, when I use an image overlay, it shows in the elementor editor that the video can play, however once published, on the actual website it only registers the image and there is no video. It’s using Sinatra theme if that helps. 

Any ideas for how I can get these YT videos to display on the site? 

icon

Best answer by SLW 7 November 2021, 10:59

View original

21 replies

I’ve been back and forth with tech support for a week and they have admitted they have an issue and their plug in fails because they failed to deal with some youtube change appropriately- they’ve been saying that tech support was working on it - I’ve been asking EVERY DAY  (sometimes several times a day) for updates since my business is now suffering- last response was the same form letter 2 days ago I've been getting for the last 4 - 

“our technical team is still working on it i will let you know once done sorry for inconvenience.”

I got a request for admin access to my business website - that’s not acceptable, and I assumed was some kind of phishing attempt at first. Unprofessional. 

Anyone on the forum know what’s up with this? Is this normal for “tech support” with this theme/ plugin?

Hi guys, Did you find a solution for the Video's not showing up? I have the same issue now.

Hi,

the problem still exists.

has anyone already found a solution until there is a suitable update?

i still got the same issue 

I have just upgraded elementor on a client site and now have the same problem, YouTube videos blank, as if there is no container/control even there!

I do have backups so I think it's time to go back. Interestingly the videos work in the designer, I have regenerated CSS, disabled caching plug in etc and nothing seems to make a difference.

I think it is because you need full cookie consent from the user, before the video can be shown. I am having issues with creating a placeholder instead

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m working on a client’s website (pashamarlowe.com) and the youtube videos on the homepage will not display. First, it will just create a blank space if I try to add the youtube video link in to the video widget. I can almost get it to work using the image overlay feature. For some reason, when I use an image overlay, it shows in the elementor editor that the video can play, however once published, on the actual website it only registers the image and there is no video. It’s using Sinatra theme if that helps. 

Any ideas for how I can get these YT videos to display on the site? 

can you see if you are getting some error on console, please send it. ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

i can see your videos on ur page

I restored a full site backup from the day before, i.e. Elementor Pro back to v3.2.2 and it all works fine. I do have a staging site which I am going to upgrade and see what happens but at the moment its not important enough to look at, I intend to look later in the month. It does mean that its unlikely to be ‘cookie consent’ if the same videos work in an older version of the plugin.

I’m having the same issue… help!!! 

Badge

I’ve the same issue but it gets worse.

Two videos on my site. The 1st a direct link from YT worked fine and can be viewed by all. 2nd Video shows up on my build (using Chrome) and when I take it off including my phone to check. It’s there no issue. Go to Safari or others and the video is missing but the 1st video is A OK. Does not work outside of my personal phone and desktop in Chrome. Phhhh!!!

Badge

I’m having the same issue.

Why no one cares?

I am another one with the same issue

Badge

Hi, same here, any solution?

I have the same problem as well - since publishing the website, none of the Youtube videos embedded using Elementor are showing. I have about 30 pages with a YouTube video embedded as the page Title, and going back to change them/remove them all would take a very long time and change the whole design… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ashley Torres did you find your answer here? If so, please consider clicking “Best answer” to help out others. If you found it elsewhere, please share it here so we can mark your answer as the best one, thanks :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I have the same problem as well - since publishing the website, none of the Youtube videos embedded using Elementor are showing. I have about 30 pages with a YouTube video embedded as the page Title, and going back to change them/remove them all would take a very long time and change the whole design… 

This is not a solution ? you mean to say you want to again remove the url and add it agin. ?

Sorry I should of posted sooner, I got the answer! It was via elementor support and it was solved at the weekend.

The problem was with the beta option 'improved asset loading'. I had it enabled and they said to switch it off, obviously beta is not 'released' software and there are obviously issues, there's no guarantee the feature will even exist. Basically switch any Experiments to the 'Default' option.

Badge +1

Sorry I should of posted sooner, I got the answer! It was via elementor support and it was solved at the weekend.

The problem was with the beta option 'improved asset loading'. I had it enabled and they said to switch it off, obviously beta is not 'released' software and there are obviously issues, there's no guarantee the feature will even exist. Basically switch any Experiments to the 'Default' option.

I just had a look at these settings and they’re pretty much all set to default and are inactive. Still no Youtube videos showing.

Badge

I am having the same issue right now with this website www.yquzi.ca

I can see the video when I am editing in elementor but not in a private browser when I load it. 

Any solutions?

I’m guessing this is too easy of a solution but worked for me. When I pasted the Youtube link into Elementor, I forgot to remove the default information that is in the box before adding my link. Therefore I had the incorrect link in Elementor.  

Solution, delete the default Youtube info in the link box, and then add the link to your video.