Question

This plugin for wordpress breaks after the update two days ago

Badge

This plugin for wordpress breaks after the update two days ago. My website breaks when the elementor plugin is activated.

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What breaks?  Do you have a link you can share?  Explain what is happening so we can help you better.

Badge
[22-Jul-2021 13:31:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Elementor\Modules\ElementsColorPicker\Module' not found in /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/modules-manager.php:53
Stack trace:
#0 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php(632): Elementor\Core\Modules_Manager->__construct()
#1 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php(549): Elementor\Plugin->init_components()
#2 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Elementor\Plugin->init('')
#3 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#4 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-settings.php(557): do_action('init')
#6 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-config.php(92): require_once('/home/weihaoyu/...')
#7 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/weihaoyu/...')
#8 /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/wei in /home/weihaoyu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/modules-manager.php on line 53

Badge

Userlevel 3

Can you access via FTP?

I would delete elementor from the plugins through there and then try to reinstall.

Badge

I can get into the recovery mode of wordpress and delete elementor. But the data may lose and I would have to build my page from scratch.

Userlevel 3

No backup at all?

Have you just built it on the page or did you use the templates to build the website then apply to website?

Are you sure you have no access to login via something like Filezilla or who is your host?

Do you have no access to something like cPanel or Plesk?

Badge

I built the website with a template and then added the elementor plugin. I built only one page with the elementor plugin.

I have the access to the files by cPanel. 

Userlevel 3

Go to file manager → public_html → wp-content → Select Elementor and Elementor Pro and hit delete at the top.

See if your website comes back to life. Make a backup if it does, then reupload (making sure you have the latest version available on your account or install elementor and elementor pro.

If you activate and it happens again, try one first then the other and post your results.

Badge

I can deactivate elementor in the recovery mode of wordpress, after which the website comes back to life. But if I reactivate the elementor plugin, the error comes back as

Userlevel 3

If you can uninstall and reinstall.

It is basically throwing an error that it is missing required files. So somewhere it got corrupted along the way. 

The very first step I would take is a fresh install of Elementor in this scenario.

Any solution to this problem?

I am experiencing the same problem when I installed the elementor pro plug-in in WP 5.8 I have tried deactivating, deleting, new downloads, etc. but keep getting the same issue. After activation WP is telling me it is experiencing an error and nothing is working anymore.

I got the same result. Critical error and site does not load. Tried even re-installing everything, but same result. I use Porto Theme and Elementor. Site loads when you disable one of those. Activate both and there is a critical error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Have you tried cleaning the database with WP Optimize.

Run the Database clean bit - and you can uninstall WP optimize after that.

Hello, 

I have tried cleaning the database with WP-Sweep and it made no difference at all.

I still cannot edit anything. Nothing at all.Elementor seems to not being able to start. The left compartiments are constantly gray

Badge

I’m new here and thought I should join.. this is the second site that has crashed this week with the same errors as above.

The first one - was a brand new site and was able to just restore the backup. 

This one is a larger website and it caused numerous plugins to also crash. Not a nice update at all .. :(

I’ve managed to roll Elementor back now need to work on getting Elementor pro live again but as soon I reactivate it throws up that Fatal error again.. 

Badge

ok so after an hour I now have the site back up and running.

Thank goodness for recovery mode.. however the issue took out various other features including WooCommerce, all the security features,.

I rolled back Elementor and that was ok but Elementor Pro was still causing an error when I was able to resume it. So I went in and uploaded an earlier version of Elementor Pro .. renamed the existing version before extracting files on the server.

Went back into the website which was in recovery mode thanks to WP.. and activated Elementor Pro.
I then had to do the permalinks because it had wiped those settings out as well.

Not a pleasant experience .. 

CrazyWPLady

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

try to disable plugins
Please ask you hosting provinder to revert the site, 
make sure for now you don’t get the updates on elementor, you can keep manual update version as options. Please share version you having issue with

Badge

Hi James,

We have set all the sites we manage to manual updates now. The problem started with the latest version of Elementor and of course once Elementor was updated we updated Elementor Pro so everything was the latest version. we have now rolled Elementor back. I had to take it back 2 versions before it would allow us to activate it without causing a fault.

As for Elementor Pro - you can’t roll it back so I happened to have had previous version so uploaded it via File Manager.

Once that was done, I slowly resumed other plugins because it took out everything.

And of course it caused chaos throughout the site and it wasn’t until I updated the permalinks that I could actually sit back and say the site was back working.

Elementor 3.4.2 with Elementor 3.3.7

It also wiped out WooCommerce and the extensions that were running with it. Everything had to be rolled back so that we could have a working site again.

My partner just told me that one of his personal projects had crashed as well with the same Fatal Error. That makes 3 this week.. 

:(

As for asking me to have the host revert the site… We did for the first site but this time I wanted to find the problem so that if it happened on any of the other sites we manage we know what to do.

It took us just under an hour to sort the problem. 

Thanks
Toni

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

No-one wants to hear this, but always have auto-updates on some plugins not set to update, and keep backups, or test on a staging site.

Surprisingly, we have 4 current WooCommerce sites and all are updated with the latest versions of EL/EL Pro and they are fine.

Badge

And here is an update.. we have some sites that are still on full auto updates.. which would be great except a phone call quickly made us realise it is not just the bigger sites that are breaking with updates.

Please keep in mind this site was set to full AUTO updates

Once again it was the Elementor update .. and a simple vanilla website had a critical error and this came from WordPress:

Current plugin: Elementor (version 3.4.2)

We have now rolled it back so we could get the site working

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 894 of the file /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class 'Elementor\Core\Logger\Manager' not found in /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php:894
Stack trace:
#0 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php(644): Elementor\Plugin->__construct()
#1 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php(911): Elementor\Plugin::instance()
#2 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/elementor.php(54): require('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#3 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-settings.php(391): include_once('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#4 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-config.php(95): require_once('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#5 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#6 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#7 /home/hbayca/public_html/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once('/home/hbayca/pu...')
#8 {main}
  thrown

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This plugin for wordpress breaks after the update two days ago. My website breaks when the elementor plugin is activated.

just remove pro and check, you can get site working by reverting form server side

Badge

Did that as well.. removed it and uploaded a previous version to get it working and had to reset permalinks as well.

So it does throw so many things out.. never had this before until this latest update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

There are lot of people surprising reported site broken with updates.
There is something that you should take care.

1)  No auto updates
2) Look for wait for atleast a month after its release.
3) If you want to update, update on stagging site, or your backup site if site is all good.
4) always keep backups 
5) keep site and serverside backup boths.

Badge

Has there been a fix for this done in the latest update?

I spoke to the owner of a hosting company and he was experiencing the same issue with broken sites so it’s not just something that is happening as a one off with people. It really does happen and it’s great if someone doesn’t have that issue but for others it is a huge problem..