Question

Styles reverting back

• 24 July 2021
  • 7 replies

A few times I’ve noticed Elementor will revert it’s styles back to something other than what I selected on it’s own. 

The first few times this occured my header logo had turned into a word logo and the background color was not there. When I opened up the header in Elementor everything was as it should be, then I would hit save and it would go back to normal. 

Now as of the other day, a number of my pages were missing background colors, buttons had reverted back to the default styles instead of what I selected as well as body fonts etc. 

I do not have automatic updates on. I did not update to Elementor 3.3 or anything else while this happened. Wordpress did not auto update. Nothing was saved, or updated on the site, unless maybe some cron occured or something. 

Has anyone experienced something like this? The styles just reverting or going away? 

7 replies

Happend to me too twice already the past 3 days! this is horrible!

Did you happen to find any solution or help from Elementor? 

Did you happen to find any solution or help from Elementor? 

no. Im also not sure what triggers is so Im not editing my site anymore until ill get a reply. 

what about u? Did u try updating Elementor? I updated it now and Im trying to check if it gonna happen again or not

I was not able to replicate it, but I copied the ‘damaged’ version to a staging site for Elementor to look at. They first suggested that I perhaps deleted the ‘default style kit’ but I did not. So they upgraded it to their dev team to take a look at. I hadn’t touched the site in days and nothing was on auto update. So *something* triggered (maybe a cron event?) that caused the issue. It wasn’t a server caching issue because then it would have been fixed when I transferred it to my staging site (since the urls and caching would be different). It’s definitely something ‘internal’. I have since updated Elementor to the latest version and am keeping a close eye on things. Let us know if you get any sort of explanation. 

I was not able to replicate it, but I copied the ‘damaged’ version to a staging site for Elementor to look at. They first suggested that I perhaps deleted the ‘default style kit’ but I did not. So they upgraded it to their dev team to take a look at. I hadn’t touched the site in days and nothing was on auto update. So *something* triggered (maybe a cron event?) that caused the issue. It wasn’t a server caching issue because then it would have been fixed when I transferred it to my staging site (since the urls and caching would be different). It’s definitely something ‘internal’. I have since updated Elementor to the latest version and am keeping a close eye on things. Let us know if you get any sort of explanation. 

well I updated elementor and it didn’t happen again so far.

They also told me to change the CSS delivery method or something like that in the settings but I didnt do that. hope it wont happen again anyways. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

there is some caching done on server side too, if you are not able to see changes you make please connect to server side.

Yes I know about caching and I cleared my cache on the server...that is not the issue.