Problems after the Elementor update 3.3.0

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I use
Elementor 3.2.5
Elementor Pro 3.3.1
Ultimate Addons 1.32.1

When I update from Elementor 3.2.5 to 3.3.0, i cannot edit any pages!
All global widgets are just gray bars. The post image is pale.

The editor does not load completely.

If I deactivate the PRO Plugin, it works.

Regards
Thomas

24 replies

Userlevel 1

I have very similar issues - the global widget functionality seems broken in this release.  It even messes up the Navigator functions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I’m experience bugs with global widgets as well. If a Global Widget is on the page, I cannot edit other widgets. Clicking on them selects the column instead of the widget. The only widget that can be selected is the Global.

As a workaround, I can click and drag a widget to make it editable. Adding Globabl Widgets with the Shortcode Widget also avoids this bug.

There is another bug that may be related: when dragging a global widget to a new column, sometimes it disappears.

Userlevel 1

Elementor say that if the global widget is in the same column as other stuff then it is causing problems - potential workaround is to put global widgets in separate columns

Userlevel 2

Everything worked until the update.

(to put global widgets in separate columns)
Is that Elementor's solution? I can not believe it.

Userlevel 1

No it’s a suggested workaround until they fix it.  I’ve tried it and there are still issues.

Userlevel 2

ok, yesterday I also informed the support but have not yet received an answer. I imported the last backup. I can work at the moment.

Let's wait for the solution from Elementor.

Also having the same issues. I’ve found that if I copy and paste the entire column, the newly pasted column and all widgets inside work and I can update content. Then I delete the original column.

The problem is when you go back to that page to edit it again later you’ll have the same problem.

I had the same problem… I thought it was just me.. Restoring previous back up sorted it for the time being and I believe would be a more prudent work around guys. Let them sort it first.

… Just sayin!

Userlevel 1

They acknowledged to me that it is an issue, they can reproduce it and have “escalated it to a higher tier of support”

ciao, how long you think I can keep my clients calm and quiet?

Userlevel 1

They appear to have fixed it - 3.3.1 just released

Nothing is working for me still - everything is updated. Why are my global widgets not working at all?

Badge

Hi everyone. I am facing issue with my header since the last elementor updates. Sticky doesnt work anymore, or two headers appears instead of one… Does anyone have the same problem ? Ho can I go back to an older version of elementor ? Thanks ! 

i have the same problem. anyone with the idea about the problem. how to fix it. thank you guys

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Do load up a back-up for those issues, or Regenerate the CSS

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m still experiencing this. When I try to select a widget e.g. text widget, I can’t even move it or edit it. This has quite literally broken the editing function of every page using global widgets. Even the navigator doesn’t work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Care to share Admin access to someone to look deeper?

What about if you deactivate UA?

it is still not working for me either. Global widgets are a nightmare right now!

Badge +1

Any news about this bug? I can’t edit pages with globals on them. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

FYI, if your update is full of problems which you should check before you release them, which it appears they dont, then dont release them until they are ready, businesses use Elementor and it messes with peoples money, which I think you know people dont overlook when they are mad, save the update until its ready for release, and check for real UX not just a system check...

Badge +1

I have a page in the staging environment with many globals. Every plugin in updated to the latest, Elementor 3.4.2 and Elementor Pro 3.3.8. I tried to work around the “edit section bug” but the page got weirder and weirder. I looked in the dev console and I had 140 javascript errors. 

I have the old live page with Elementor 3.2.4 and Elementor Pro 3.2.2 installed. There the globals work and there is no errors in the dev console.

I had to delete all my globals in the staging environment. I have worked in the staging site quite a lot so rolling back to the live site versions of the plugins and database would give me loads of work. 

So now I tried to recreate the globals in the staging site but the error reoccurs. 1 hours work. 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property children of #<Container> which has only a getter
    at Container.handleChildrenRecursive (editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Container.initialize (editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at new Container (editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at n.getContainer (editor.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at editor.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2
    at underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:2
common.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: originalEvent is not defined
    at onError (common.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at dispatch (jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2)
    at v.handle (jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.0:2)
editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property children of #<Container> which has only a getter
    at editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Container.initialize (editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at new Container (editor-modules.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at n.getContainer (editor.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2)
    at editor.min.js?ver=3.4.2:2
    at underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:2

Only solution now is to not use globals at all.

I deleted all the 40 globals from the page and there is no errors in the dev console.

Global widgets are completely unavailable.
The global widget makes my entire column unable to edit and move.

Why not fix this problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

its working fine, did you alos update it

Userlevel 2

Global widgets had been working fine for me, until I updated to the latest release. Now all sorts of issues which are so time consuming. See my earlier post: