Solved

Pop Up Menu not showing its contents

• 16 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi all, 

I am facing this issue where the full page menu isn’t showing up when I’m using my phone.

In my elementor, the pop up menu should look like this.

But instead, it fails to load. 

Here is a reference to my website: https://monashcf.my/ 
It was working well a couple months back, so I don’t know what is causing this issue which is happening intermittently. 

icon

Best answer by Tiffany Profet 16 November 2021, 18:38

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi:

Have you figured it out?  When I view on my phone, or my desktop mobile emulator, the menu shows up ok.  If you still need help, let us know.

It still isn't working on my phone. 

On pc, i tried to enable throttling, enabling the low end mobile settings and the menu will fail to load (as seen in pic 2 above).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Can I ask what phone you have, and OS?  I checked on my iPhone (XR and 7) and things look good when clicking the menu on the homepage.  I checked on my iPad & Kindle Fire too (just to try a few other devices)...works there too. 

The next thing I am going to suggest is clearing out cache (website, server and browser) to make sure that is not causing the issue.  Also try to turn off the animation for the menu, see if you have better results.  I am not suggesting you should give up the animation all together, but just something to try since adding fancy effects do add extra code that might be causing a hiccup somewhere.

Just a few things I would try.

I’m testing it on an Android, Samsung A50s. The menu shows up like 10% of the time and clearing the cache from my browser and server side did not help.

Hey all, 

Sorry to bump this old post of mine, but I haven’t been able to solve this issue. I have tried removing the animations but it still doesn’t work. 

Does anyone has insight to why I’m facing this issue on some mobile devices?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Jia Jiat 

I think you should actually view the site on an actual mobile device not the emulator within your browser. I just checked your page using an iPhone and it rendered very nicely. 

Thank you skamerica. 

I’m facing the issue on my mobile device (Samsung A50s) though, it happens intermittently :sweat_smile:  (like 80-90% of the time). I suppose it has to do with the capability of the device…  

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Jia Jiat 

Have you taken any steps to optimize the site? If not, you might want to check out this post on the topic: https://elementor.com/blog/how-to-speed-up-wordpress-website/

In the past when I have had issues with sites taking forever to load or not loading properly on new devices, many times the issue was with some sort of optimization strategy being deployed improperly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jia Jiat did you find your answer here? If so, please consider clicking “Best answer” to help out others. If you found it elsewhere, please share it here so we can mark your answer as the best one, thanks :)

Thank you for your help. I noticed that this issue only happens in Google Chrome on my mobile. As such, I think a good solution would be to lessen the animation as what Tiffany suggested.