Solved

PHP Fatal error: Access level to Theme_Document::get_create_url() must be public

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Since last saturday two of my websites are down due to an error in Elementor. The error message is:

[21-Jul-2021 16:56:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to ElementorPro\Modules\ThemeBuilder\Documents\Theme_Document::get_create_url() must be public (as in class Elementor\Core\Base\Document) in /home/elegance/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/documents/theme-document.php on line 123

I’ve asked Elementor for help but haven’t gotten a response nor solution yet, and my (ecommerce) sites are down for 5 days now. The are built with Generatepress and elementor pro. Since all pages are elementor, en hrader and footer es well, disabling elementor is not a solution, so I have to wiat until I have a solution. Does anybody know what is going on and how I can solve this issue?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by gavannon 27 July 2021, 22:07

View original

12 replies

Same issue guys. I have been raving about how awesome Elementor is, but the most recent errors are killing my reputation and business opportunities. 

Userlevel 1

updating Elementor Pro might help, elementor support told me (after 5 days downtime).

My site didn’t get the update pushed for whatever reason. So I had to update manually by downloading the pro version from my account at elementor.com.

Weird thougfh that through push you’ll get version 3.3.4 at this moment, where the download from elementor.com only supplies 3.3.1

Hey. Got the same problem, right now I can temporally  solve it by deactivate Elementor Pro Plugin (by renaming the elementor pro folder). However, it does means that I lose access to Elementor pro editing features. 

I’m still working on debugging to see how to solve this problem! 

Edit: upgrade to 3.3.1 also works for me. 

I woke up this morning with the same issue. I had the 3.3.4 installed, deleted it and installed 3.3.1. Did’nt work for me. Even deactivated Elementor and still get the error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Same exact problem.

I’m sorry to hear websites have been down for days. Here’s a temporary hack until Elementor fixes this, if you still have this problem:

1. Edit this file: “wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/documents/theme-document.php

On line 123, change it to:

public static function get_create_url() {
  1. Then edit this file: “wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/documents/archive-single-base.php

On line 21, change it to:

(A note to the devs at Elementor - this bug seems to be from upgrading an old website running Elementor 2, and then upgrading Pro to version 3.0.4. The upgrade was done by clicking the upgrade link on the Plugins page, not by re-installing the Pro plugin. Our other websites don’t seem to be affected. Just the old ones.)

Thanks @gavannon. Worked.

Awesome @barringtonr! I should point out that I manually updated Elementor Pro by uploading the latest zip file, and that ultimately worked for me.

(And funny enough, I checked the new plugin’s code out of curiously … and they did the exact same fix I did above!)

Hola.

Buenas tardes.

Tengo un problema ya desde hace mas de 15 dias con mi sitio web desde que me han pedido actualizar elementor pro y mi pagina se encuentra inactiva, he tratado por varias ocasiones buscar ayuda al proveedor pero no la he conseguido, necesito por favor obtener una solución, gracias.

It's simple. Install “Rollback” plugin and rollback Elementor to version 3.3.1

I’m sorry to hear websites have been down for days. Here’s a temporary hack until Elementor fixes this, if you still have this problem:

1. Edit this file: “wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/documents/theme-document.php

On line 123, change it to:

1. Then edit this file: “wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/theme-builder/documents/archive-single-base.php

On line 21, change it to:

(A note to the devs at Elementor - this bug seems to be from upgrading an old website running Elementor 2, and then upgrading Pro to version 3.0.4. The upgrade was done by clicking the upgrade link on the Plugins page, not by re-installing the Pro plugin. Our other websites don’t seem to be affected. Just the old ones.)

I’m very new to this, but  a very quick study. I was able to change the lines above changing the word “protected” to “public”. However, I could not save my change as it saw a conflict between the two. In other words, one of these must be changed for the other one to be accepted. Making sense?

Badge

I’m not too savvy with code. Anyway to get a screen shot(s) of the fix?