Solved

How do I fix 'the_content' function errors??

• 30 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Help! Three times now, I’ve had to recreate my main Posts page, because when I go to reopen it, I get some “we cannot find “the_content” function error”...I am losing my mind over this! I have found related posts on this same problem but DO NOT understand the solutions. This is one problem with Elementor and WordPress being web-based - none of the files are saved to my hard drive, so I cannot go back to a previously saved version when this happens. I do not know how to retrieve all that work I just put in yesterday.

My Posts page is gone, as well as the Posts menu item in the Nav bar. www.gailsstory.com.

Can someone please shed some light on this constant error that keeps showing up?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Gail

icon

Best answer by Amanda Gryphon 31 July 2021, 00:15

@gbergan option number 2.

Yeah I hear what you're saying but it might have been a pro vs free version thing? 

I can't remember the reason why it was now.

Amanda

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
  1. did you activated some plugins ? disable plugins and check 
  2.  If you have backups of site or page, please go back and do it 

Let me know if its still not resolved

Userlevel 1

Hi James,

The only Plugins I have is Use Any Font, which I need for custom fonts I purchased. Beyond that I just have Elementor and Elementor Pro. I disabled SG Security; I have Easy SSL (or something like that) and Classic Editor. That’s it.

Where do I check for backups? I don’t see that anywhere.

Gail

Userlevel 1

Hi @gbergan

I found this problem too when I allocated my blog posts page under the settings/reading - I could no longer edit it and got the “we cannot find “the_content” function error” .

I solved the issue by not allocating a posts page at all.

Hope this helps your issue.

Amanda

Userlevel 1

@Amanda Gryphon ,

I need to make sure I’m understanding you correctly.

1. Are you saying you don’t have a separate Posts page at all, OR
  1. you simply leave the Posts dropdown list in Settings > Reading unselected?

If #2 is correct, it really seems bizarre to me that a built-in control like this would break Elementor completely, when it seems designed to do the opposite - foolproof your site!

If #1 is correct, what do you do with your posts? Just drop them into your Home page? That seems a messy solution and unmanageable once you start creating a ton of them.

Thanks in advance for clarifying,

Gail

Userlevel 1

@gbergan option number 2.

Yeah I hear what you're saying but it might have been a pro vs free version thing? 

I can't remember the reason why it was now.

Amanda