Solved

Hide emtpy fields in contact form

• 28 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there!
Does anyone know how to hide empty fields in the email confirmation which is sent to the admin and client via Email and Email 2?
We created a contact form with many form fields as a take away order menu. Clients can order take away dishes by selecting a quantity (number). If the form field is empty, that dish has not been ordered. This might be a simple solution for take away orders.
Is it possible to hide the empty fields in the email confirmation, to keep the confirmation as clear as possible?
Thanks for your help in advance! Ciao, Erika

icon

Best answer by Erika van Wijk 1 November 2021, 20:27

View original

6 replies

Badge

Yes. You can dictate what fields are sent in the messages section:

Remove all fields and only paste in the shortcode for the fields you need.

You can also select which meta data to send too:

Let me know if that makes sense or if you needed something else.

I

Badge

Hi Iain,

Thanks for your reply.

However, the fields should be shown only if these are filled out.
A field that the visitor has not filled out, should not be shown.
In advance, we do not know which fields will be filled out or not by the customer.

We entered the individual field + shortcode to the email message. We prefer to only show the filled out fields, of the field has been kept empty. Will that be possible?

Kind regards, Erika

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We prefer to only show the filled out fields, of the field has been kept empty. Will that be possible?

Kind regards, Erika

Not ‘out of the box’ with the Elementor form widget; some additional coding would be required in the back-end. However, plugins such as Forminator do offer such conditional functions…. and it’s free.

Badge

Hi Simon,
Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at Forminator.
Kind regards, Erika

Hi, I have made too many forms in elementor form widget which contains too many fields I cannot switch from elementor form to forminator plugin form kindly tell me any solution for this I am receiving empty fields label in email notifications. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I have made too many forms in elementor form widget which contains too many fields I cannot switch from elementor form to forminator plugin form kindly tell me any solution for this I am receiving empty fields label in email notifications. Thanks

If you have not found a solution to your problem yet then it would be best if you could start your own topic in the correct room (fixing common issues) as your reply here in someone else’s thread is unlikely to be seen, thanks :)