Question

hey guys .. connection lost .. saving has been disabled

guys please help i am not able to update to site it shows .. connection lost. and saving has been disabled and requires reconnection

26 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Everything should be fine once your connection is back up! Happens to me all the time when the internet conks out. I just wait until my wifi reconnects and then save. :thumbsup_tone3:

but my wifi is perfectly on .. its happening since three days now . even i tried to wait it out , just not working

Badge

I’m having the same problem. My internet is fine, and yet it keeps saying connection lost. I can’t make any updates to any of my pages using Elementor.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Have you cache cleared from the server rather than just wordpress?

PS - regenerate the css too

Badge

Yes, This isn’t working either. I’m at a complete loss. I just keep getting the same error, and I can’t update any of the pages. :-(

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Can I be cheeky and be set up as an Editor for your site?

Just to see if I can get in and edit?

Badge

I can’t risk it. The site was fine before I gave 2 developers access. This is for a client’s website, so I can’t just hand out access.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

That’s fine and I understand.

Alternative route is that you set up a staging site and remove all pages.

It’s just so I can check on a blank page regarding access.

Badge +2

@Red Violet Works Did you manage to find a fix.  I have this exact same problem as well.  It’s not an internet connection problem. Other sites work fine. It’s more like the Elementor builder is timing out.  

Badge

@Al Smith No, not yet. I feel like I’ve tried everything possible. I’m at a loss. Without Elementor, I’ll have to redo the entire website. :disappointed_relieved:

Badge +2

It’s definitely not an internet connection problem. (I’m sitting here with 36Mbps downlload and 8.5 Mbps upload speeds with zero interruptions. I’ve flushed the Cache on the client’s Hosting service. I’ve regenerated the CSS.  However, since the last update, (Elementor 3.4.2 / Elementor Pro 3.3.8) when I try to apply any updates to a page or a popup, the Builder software times out (the green progress bar at the top struggles to make it about a third of the way across then reports, “Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you are reconnected.)

This isn’t happening on other Elementor sites or ones with other hosting companies. What’s really weird is that rolling back to a previous version of Elementor isn’t fixing it either.  

@shashankarora14  did you get anywhere?

Badge +2

More information in case it helps.  Trying to save a pop-up to the Template Library, or even trying to save a draft of it encounters the same difficulty -  You get a spinning circle icon and the system hangs. It’s like the builder software has somehow lost the ability to save to the database, if that makes sense?

Badge +2

@shashankarora14 @Red Violet Works  What hosting company are your problem sites hosted with?  My client has their site on a GoDaddy managed Wordpress service.

Badge

@Al Smith Managed Wordpress on GoDaddy as well. 

Badge +2

OK, @Red Violet Works - that might be one avenue for us to investigate further together.  Have you/they recently enabled the new CDN feature they were promoting as a way to speed up their sites?  (Global Content Delivery Network)

Badge

I’m magically not having the problem anymore. I updated the wp-config.php to turn on debugging and error files. I went through my pages to see if anything was wrong. Elementor wouldn’t even load, but would load in Safe Mode. I saved the page. Then turned debugging off and updated the page in regular mode and it’s all working. 

Badge

@Al Smith I did enable CDN, but only after I was having issues with Elementor. It was one of the 1,000 things I tried to get this to work. But now, no issues since I did the debugging thing. 

Badge +2

@Al Smith I did enable CDN, but only after I was having issues with Elementor. It was one of the 1,000 things I tried to get this to work. But now, no issues since I did the debugging thing. 

Ha! Ditto!!

Badge +2

I’m magically not having the problem anymore. I updated the wp-config.php to turn on debugging and error files. I went through my pages to see if anything was wrong. Elementor wouldn’t even load, but would load in Safe Mode. I saved the page. Then turned debugging off and updated the page in regular mode and it’s all working. 

Thanks for that.  The workaround I found to get the site back usable and editable was to make use of the GoDaddy feature to restore the backup database from 5 days ago.  

I think I prefer your ‘magical’ solution though…  :-)  Either way, we both get to stop pulling our hair out!  Yay!

I am having the same problem (Using  Managed Wordpress on GoDaddy).  Spoke with GoDaddy but they weren’t any help.  It started a couple days ago.  I was at my office with a completely different internet server.  Then I tried again at my home office.  Same issue. Tried several different pc’s.  Then suddenly yesterday afternoon it started working.  But now today it’s not working again.  

I tried switching to 5G on my router and was able to save.  Hopefully it will keep working

I switched my internet to 5G, and the heavens opened up, angles sang, and it saved!

Badge

My fix was I was logged in in another tab.  I refreshed that tab and then went back to the Elementor editor that was open in the original tab.  I was then  able to save my changes in Elementor 

I am facing this issue as well. I have reached out to Elementor and GoDaddy and both were of no help. I have tried legit everything and cannot seem to find the solution any help would be great!

Tengo el mismo problema de usdes alguien encontró la solución

(conexion perdida saving has been disable until you'are reconnected)