Question

Global colours not working after update

• 19 August 2021
  • 45 replies

Hello, I have put in a support ticket with Elementor, then discovered this forum.

I also asked this question in the Facebook community, and there are a lot of people reporting the same issue.

Basically after the latest updates none of the typography colors work any more. All heading have reverted to the “Primary” global.

Viewing in the Editor, the colors look correct. On the frontend they do not.

In the community there are bunch of suggestions to roll back versions. I have tried them all with random results.

Does anyone know if the Elementor Devs are aware of this and working on a solution?

Thanks.

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had issues today with a site updated to 3.4.1, buttons and text styles went all weird.  Had to restore a backup.  I did update other sites with no problem, so I’m not sure what the root cause is, but it seems there is something happening with the latest update for some sites.

I had issues today with a site updated to 3.4.1, buttons and text styles went all weird.  Had to restore a backup.  I did update other sites with no problem, so I’m not sure what the root cause is, but it seems there is something happening with the latest update for some sites.

Yes, it appears from the Facebook community it's affecting sites differently.

With the site I noticed it on, it is a new intranet site which only has Elementor and Elementor Pro plugins installed. When I created the site 2 days ago everything was fine.  I installed the updates yesterday and it is now broken. 

I have tried everything from Regenerating CSS to disabling and re-enabling the plugins, completely removed and re-installed the plugins. 

The only thing that works is rolling back the versions of both Elementor and Elementor Pro.

I have 40 sites with pending updates for Elementor. I hope the Devs recognise and resolve this soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it appears from the Facebook community it's affecting sites differently.

With the site I noticed it on, it is a new intranet site which only has Elementor and Elementor Pro plugins installed. When I created the site 2 days ago everything was fine.  I installed the updates yesterday and it is now broken. 

I have tried everything from Regenerating CSS to disabling and re-enabling the plugins, completely removed and re-installed the plugins. 

The only thing that works is rolling back the versions of both Elementor and Elementor Pro.

I have 40 sites with pending updates for Elementor. I hope the Devs recognise and resolve this soon.

Yup, looks like there are problems with the last update.  I would advise anyone who is going to update to set a backup point first.

Userlevel 3

I can confirm that almost every site I have built and manage has issues. From what I can tell the global colours, and in particular the PRIMARY colour is overriding everything including, and most importantly the Heading colours chosen!

I have spent the entire day trying to fix a bunch of sites, this simply is not good enough.

This has also happened on one of my sites. The Primary colour is overriding the majority of my headings (it’s weird as it is not all of them, some have kept their original colour even though I did nothing different to them). And they appear correctly in the page builder but not on the page itself.
I had to roll back to the previous version and then regenerate the css data.

How far did everyone have to roll back? So far this combo seems to be stable across my sites:

• Elementor 3.4.0
  • Elementor Pro 3.3.7
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Updated one site and had the same issue. 
Titles got a totally different styling. Have all other sites on hold now.

I’ve updated 2 of my clients sites today and had the same issue - luckily had back ups for both sites to roll back to previous versions. 

I’ve now placed all other client sites that I manage on hole & issued a communication to my clients that manage their own updates to refrain from updating until Elementor advise this issue is resolved 

Userlevel 3

What they fail to realise is that many developers such as myself do not update sites individually, instead using an app like MainWP to manage 10s or 100s of sites all at once.

Using a site manager means I updated 60 websites all at once and have spent the day dealing with broken sites, most of which are still broken because I now have to manually go into each and everyone to roll them back.

This is now the second time Elementor have broken live sites with an update around the globe with a BETA software release masquerading as fully tested software ready for deployment. It is irresponsible to say the least.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Elementor, but the rush to add new features is clearly out weighing the desire to do it right.

What they fail to realise is that many developers such as myself do not update sites individually, instead using an app like MainWP to manage 10s or 100s of sites all at once.

I feel the pain Steve. I use ManageWP too, but have learnt with them to run a couple of updates manually first to test there’s no major issues. 

I agree 100%, for what they charge developers to access their product it’s very disappointing to see this happening again.  Unfortunately they don’t see fit to compensate us for the many hours we spend rolling back or fixing the issues when they put out rushed releases. 

Userlevel 3

You would think they would have learnt after the last major screw up, but clearly not. The real question is WHY rush them out? I would prefer one perfect new feature than three with major bugs.

How far did everyone have to roll back? So far this combo seems to be stable across my sites:

• Elementor 3.4.0
  • Elementor Pro 3.3.7

I have tried to roll back to Elementor 3.4.0 and Elementor Pro 3.3.7 but the issue still happens.

is there ANY official response for WHEN this ISSUE will be resolved and we will be able to update properly to the latest version?
So far as @bryzer indicate I too have have 3.4.0 / 3.3.7 working ok for now.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3

An email out to one and all would be most welcomed, but I am not holding my breath as they never did it last time either. Same goes for apology...

Userlevel 1

I’ve had the same issue today when updating my own site.  I rolled back to 3.4.0 and that solved the problem.  I’m using Elementor Pro 3.3.7 with it.

Similar to some of you though, I have a bunch of clients using this system and monthly update schedules, so this issue is really frustrating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

See here:

Elementor Community on Facebook : Hey guys, Quick update regarding the recent button color issue that some of you pointed out. **Our developers are fully aware of this issue, and working on a fix to be released very soon.** This issue occurs due to an update in Elementor 3.4.1. In the meanwhile, until we solve this issue, you may roll back to Elementor 3.4.0, and everything should be back to normal. I will keep you updated with more info as we move along with the fix. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience | Facebook

Userlevel 3

Great Facebook users get a message, no on else? Ridiculous.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Are you part of the FB Group?

Do join there too. 

I’m sure there’ll be other comms coming out but I don’t work for EL.

Userlevel 3

Do join there too. 

No I am not, I do not use Facebook, why do companies think it is the only place to reach their customers, particularly when they have their own website, their own community forum, and their own mailing list to reach far more users than those on their Facebook page? The world needs t wake up, Facebook is not the be all end all of customer interfacing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Do join there too. 

No I am not, I do not use Facebook, why do companies think it is the only place to reach their customers, particularly when they have their own website, their own community forum, and their own mailing list to reach far more users than those on their Facebook page? The world needs t wake up, Facebook is not the be all end all of customer interfacing.

I don’t disagree and maybe there will be other comms soon.

All the best.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I agree some of us don’t use Facebook. I found the best place to stay on top of bugs is their GitHub: https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ah yes, I totally forgot about that link too: Issues · elementor/elementor · GitHub

Userlevel 3

Again, why are third party websites the ONLY place they are posting acknowledgements of their errors? Why not right here? why not email all of us to clarify, rather than making us searchthe internet for answers?

Rolling back to Elementor 3.4.0 alone doesn’t fix the issue. You have to Regenerate Files & Data after rolling back.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Note All:

3.4.2 – 2021-08-19 is now out.

• Fix: Responsive Site settings are not being applied on frontend when Additional Custom Breakpoints is active (#16055, #16033)

• Fix: Global colors are applied even when they are disabled on Frontend (#16037)

• Fix: Conditional controls missing when using Dynamic tags (#16050)

• Fix: Motion Effects popover is not visible (#16044)

• Fix: Control conditions are not being executed when has capital letter in the control slug (#16003)