Question

Elementor not working in safari

• 30 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

If you are using the latest beta of MacOS Monterey Beta 8, then Elementor will not work in Safari (Version 15.1 (17612.2.6.1.1)). I guess it will be fixed in a later Elementor update or fix in Safari.

C

11 replies

Badge

Experiencing the same issue — editing any page results in no load / endless elementor logo loading screen. Safe mode does not fix the issue.

Chrome has worked fine for me on Beta 8.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the heads-up!

I’m using Mac Mojave, but I switched from Safari to Firefox and graying out issue of some widgets has solved.  Thanks!

Badge +1

FWIW: Editing in Elementor in Safari Tech Preview (Safari v15.4) isn’t working either, so it doesn’t seem that a fix that is on the way from Apple. I have filed a feedback form with Apple regarding this.

Userlevel 3

Just wanted to say I am also seeing this issue. Works fine in other browsers but not Safari on macOS Monterey (latest beta version). No workaround I’ve seen yet. Was trying to disable some of the Experimental Features in the Safari Develop menu thinking something was enabled in the macOS beta which broke editing in Elementor, but not seeing the desired results yet even after disabling them all.

Userlevel 3

Just in case Engineers are looking into this at all… when I look at Console, I get the following errors...

[Error] TypeError: this.updateStylesheet is not a function. (In 'this.updateStylesheet()', 'this.updateStylesheet' is undefined)
onElementorDocumentLoaded — editor.min.js:2:64724
p — load-scripts.php:10:3137
f — load-scripts.php:10:2932
c — load-scripts.php:10:871
(anonymous function) — load-scripts.php:10:2816
(anonymous function) — editor.min.js:2:13833
promiseReactionJob

consoleError (common.min.js:2:83688)
    onCatchApply (editor.min.js:2:407472)
    onCatchApply
    promiseReactionJob
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: this.updateStylesheet is not a function. (In 'this.updateStylesheet()', 'this.updateStylesheet' is undefined)
    promiseEmptyOnRejected (editor.min.js:2:64724)
    promiseReactionJob

Also I tried in the latest public beta 9 tonight and same issue. 

Badge +1

Same issue in Safari with both Beta 8 & 9. Chrome works fine. 

Thought I was going crazy when it first occurred. Super frustrating. 

Userlevel 3

Interestingly, I now see Google Fonts 404 responses, unsure if related but I didn’t see this before on the beta 8 but do now on beta 9 of macOS Monterey. Still troubleshooting.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that same 404 in Chrome too, so not a Safari-unique issue at all, and seems to also only happen on my dev site not other sites. The differences in console between the two browsers are what I provided earlier around the this.updateStylesheet not being a function.

Userlevel 3

macOS Monterey Beta 10 seems to have fixed it for me today. I can now edit in Safari. :-) Hopefully this applies to others as well. FYI - the version of Safari in beta 9 was 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.1), and the latest version which seems to work fine in macOS Monterey beta 10 is 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6), so up five bug-fix versions.

Badge +1

macOS Monterey Beta 10 seems to have fixed it for me today. I can now edit in Safari. 🙂 Hopefully this applies to others as well. FYI - the version of Safari in beta 9 was 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.1), and the latest version which seems to work fine in macOS Monterey beta 10 is 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6), so up five bug-fix versions.

Yes! I’m seeing this too. The Elementor interface is loading for me with the newest Monterey Beta (beta 10, Safari 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6) )

Badge +1

macOS Monterey Beta 10 seems to have fixed it for me today. I can now edit in Safari. :-) Hopefully this applies to others as well. FYI - the version of Safari in beta 9 was 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.1), and the latest version which seems to work fine in macOS Monterey beta 10 is 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6), so up five bug-fix versions.

Confirmed fix for us, too.