Solved

Elementor Data Updater Bug

Badge +1

Hi,

It keeps showing the message 

Elementor Data Updater

Database update process is running in the background. Taking a while?

I read about rollback but it does not work for me...end Error 500 shows most of the time in the browser...

“MyListing” theme

And if I click the button to Run it now, critical error.

Can we please fix this or give me the solution? Thanx

icon

Best answer by daparris 29 July 2021, 14:23

View original

36 replies

We have the same errors on want2stay.com 

Very distrubing.

Same issue!

I managed to resolve it minutes ago. I went to tools in Elementor and reset it to a previous version. Then cleared cache. Then notice in plugins new update available and did run it then without a problem.

Not working for me still :-(

Hi same issue I’am also facing for one of  my client website. Also after updating Elementor plugin my contact form stop working. 

Hi, I read that this topic is solved. What is the solution then? I’m getting the same critical error on my website. How can i fix it?

Kind regards, 

Eline 

I am seeing the same issue...everytime I run the Updater I get a critical error and the site crashes. I have rolled back and tried to update again but same result, any ideas?

Please can someone help fix this bug………… Elementor Data Updater Error Message on my site…
What can i do to solve this problem fast.
Please help me.

We had the same problem. This is how I fixed it.

Go to wp-config.php and turn on debugging. Add this code to the debugging section:

• define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
  • define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
  • define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

If you already have define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); - change it to true.

Run the updater again. Then check the log file in wp-content/debug.log - you’re looking for a PHP Fatal Error.

In my case, I had 2 fatal errors. One caused by JetEngine, one caused by OceanWP Elementor Widgets plugin.

I disabled both plugins. Waited a few minutes. Then ran the updater again. This time it was successful.

Then I reactivated the two plugins. All is good.

But the process of fixing the BUG is not well spelled out.
Please can you give us detailed explanation on how to fix the BuG please

Thank you

Go to wp-config.php and turn on debugging. Add this code to the debugging section:

Run the updater again. Then check the log file in wp-content/debug.log - you’re looking for a PHP Fatal Error.

In my case, I had 2 fatal errors. One caused by JetEngine, one caused by OceanWP Elementor Widgets plugin.

I disabled both plugins. Waited a few minutes. Then ran the updater again. This time it was successful.

Thanks for this, but I disabled ALL plugins except Elementor and tried the update and still did not work. Will have a look at the logs to see what is happening...it’s weird

Badge

I have the same issue. and it’s happens when I update to the latest elementor 3.4.2 and/or Pro version 3.3.7.

I have disabled all plugins and it still happens. 

Reverting to thje previous version does not fix the issue.

I just get “There has been a critical error on this website.”

If I switch to a different theme the issue goes away.

But the process of fixing the BUG is not well spelled out.
Please can you give us detailed explanation on how to fix the BuG please

Thank you

This worked for me. I thought it might help others. If not, I’d submit a support ticket to Elementor.

Thanks for this, but I disabled ALL plugins except Elementor and tried the update and still did not work. Will have a look at the logs to see what is happening...it’s weird

There could be many things causing the issue. For us it was these plugins causing fatal errors. Do you have any other fatal errors in the logs?

I have that same problem. please fix the problem with a new update urgently!

Same issue here. There is an Elementor Data Updater Bug. I get a WordPress Critical Error message when I attempt to run the database update process which it keeps asking me to do in the WordPress Admin. This happens on any of the Elementor 3.4.x versions.

Rolling back Elementor to 3.3.1 removes the Elementor Database Update message. Elementor Pro version installed is now at 3.3.7.

This bug happens on Elementor 3.4.0, 3.4.1, and 3.4.2 using WordPress version 5.8.

Disabling other plugins does not seem to fix the database updater and I get no additional information when I turn WordPress Debug on.

Since others have reported errors with this version of Elementor I have added a github bug report issue for it:

When Updating Elementor from 3.3.1 to 3.4.x the Database Updater does has a Critical Error Message · Issue #16100 · elementor/elementor (github.com)

I did find a work around. I deactivated most of the plugins on my site and then upgraded Elementor to 3.4.2 and that seemed to fix the issue.

Hopefully I do not have to do this each time now. Not sure what other plugins have to do with just updating the database.

Disabled ALL plugins. Enables all debug levels and reset php.  Problems does not go away with any version unless I revert to 3.3.1

Why this topic is marked as solved when it’s not?
Still looking for solution...

Why this topic is marked as solved when it’s not?
Still looking for solution...

I agree, from what I see in online posting, thousand of sites are having this problem, and its not solved for me or any of the 120 sites I work on!

Reverting to and older version like 3.3.1  is NOT a solution. The code needs to be fixed.

Userlevel 1

same issue here...

Userlevel 1

same issue here...

disabled JetEngine and updated the db. Enabled JetEngine.

I just paid for the pro, and had this issue, but had issue prior to this.

I submitted a tech Ticket and had this response back

Quote:
Hi Alan,
Thank you for contacting us.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you, and we understand the importance and urgency of fixing it.
Our developers are working on a fix for this with high priority, which will be available very soon.

You can use the Editor even with that notice.

Thank you and have a great day.
Tal.

UNQUOTE

So sounds like to me they know of an issue and just a matter of time before it gets fixed.

In the meantime for me I reverted back the base Version to 3.3.1 and its ok...

So A FIX FOR NOW FOR ME IS
1. Go to elementor tools
2. Click the tab titled “Version Control”
3. Then use > Rollback version to 3.31 > Reinstall

Don’t touch the rollback Pro Version, mine is on 3.38

Badge +1

Hi All,

Even after reverting back to v3.31 and re-updating the elementor the same issue appear!

And when you click “Click here to run it now” the website will crash!

I hope there is solution

Hi All,

Even after reverting back to v3.31 and re-updating the elementor the same issue appear!

And when you click “Click here to run it now” the website will crash!

I hope there is solution

Tech guys are working on a fix and is a know bug.

I have been in touch via tickets, unfortunately this is not helping a lot of people, this needs to be fixed ASAP for many people its crucial to there websites