Question

can't drag any widget onto my wordpress page

• 28 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone. i just can't drag any widget onto my wordpress page. i was using the plugin downloaded from wordpress's store. what should i do?

4 replies

Badge

I have the exact same issue, any help appriciated

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Have you been dragging and dropping it into the box with the dashed lines? (see my screenshot)

That would be how you get started. If the widget doesn’t drag over, there are a few possibilities. One that I’ve ran into with the interface being non-responsive is the website not having enough memory due to the “PHP memory limit” is set low at some hosts. 

If you go to “WordPress Dashboard > Elementor > System Info” and go down to the group “Memory Limit” - you’ll want to check that that is reading at least 256M. If it is below that, you should contact your hosting company to see if it can be increased.

Have you been dragging and dropping it into the box with the dashed lines? (see my screenshot)

That would be how you get started. If the widget doesn’t drag over, there are a few possibilities. One that I’ve ran into with the interface being non-responsive is the website not having enough memory due to the “PHP memory limit” is set low at some hosts. 

If you go to “WordPress Dashboard > Elementor > System Info” and go down to the group “Memory Limit” - you’ll want to check that that is reading at least 256M. If it is below that, you should contact your hosting company to see if it can be increased.

thanks for your help. yes, i tried to drag them out into the box with dashed lines. but the widgets seems to be not uable to move out of the panel. i check the memory limmit, its 256M currently.

thanks for your help. yes, i tried to drag them out into the box with dashed lines. but the widgets seems to be not uable to move out of the panel. i check the memory limmit, its 256M currently.

the widget doesn't move only a little. when i hit and hold, an cross cursor appears. but the widget doesn't move. keep moving the cursor out of the pannel, the cross cursor disapeared