Question

Basic gallery widget get un-editable after updating to Elementor

Userlevel 1

Hi to all. Each time I am updating Elementor (free version) the basic gallery items gets un-editable. Please consider the following screen shot for details:

Each time I need to edit the “editor.min.js” file and apply the following code to fix the issue:

var t=tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit[this.editorID];if(t==undefined)return;var o=t.toolbar1.split(",")

because (t) may be undefined when clicked on a gallery item. I also reported this issue at Elementor repository on Github:

https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/12313

But still no fix and no reply since my last comment. As you can see in the above snippet the fix is very simple and I don’t know why the Elementor developers cannot apply it. I need to add this code every time I update the plugin for my site which is very frustrating.

Below is the screen shot of how the gallery widget looks after the fix:

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you all.

Hi @Silvana  and @dv@denizen.se,

Unfortunately I cannot find another widget except the “Basic Galery” since I have the free version of Elementor. My apologies that I could not help you any further.

But you helped a lot with your code! I was just pointing out that this bug happens with both galleries. Fortunately, I'm still in the development stage and I managed to delete the second gallery deleting all section. Thank you again for your reply!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Silvana  and @dv@denizen.se,

Unfortunately I cannot find another widget except the “Basic Galery” since I have the free version of Elementor. My apologies that I could not help you any further.

I am paying for the PRO version.. I expect this to get fixed PRONTO.. This is nuts and I am always scared when there is an update to anything where Elementor is involved.  shaky business.

facing same issue

Userlevel 1

Hi @Silvana ,

I 've never had to delete an item from the galery but I will give it a try and let you know if I can find any work around. I need also to let you know that I use the free version of Elementor. Nevertheless the editing library should be the same I suppose. Stay tuned.

I am paying for the PRO version.. I expect this to get fixed PRONTO.. This is nuts and I am always scared when there is an update to anything where Elementor is involved.  shaky business.

Yes! I am on my first big project with elementor and it is scaring me too!

It's happening with “gallery” AND “Basic Gallery”.
brigosx7 looks like your code (thanks for that) fixed the Basic Gallery but the "Gallery" (I inserted both just to choose one) can't be edited neither deleted.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ruthpreo,

First you need to download the editor.min.js file. Usualy it is located in the \wp-content\plugins\elementor\assets\js folder (wordpress sites).

I use notepad++ to edit the file but any text editor could be fine.

Once open the editor.min.js file use the search option of your editor and find the ".toolbar1" string.

It would look like the following snippet:

var t=tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit[this.editorID],o=t.toolbar1.split(",")

Select the above snippet and replace it with the following one:

var t=tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit[this.editorID];if(t==undefined)return;var o=t.toolbar1.split(",")

This will fix the bug I describe in my first post. I hope this wiil help you solve the problem and I wish the team will apply this small fix some day soon so we don't have to do it ourselves.

Could you please talk me through this, as a newbie it would be a great help, much thanks 

Userlevel 1

Yes it is. Every time I update Elementor this bug arises while the fix is very simple. Even if it is not their fault, the team should have protected their code accordingly. Meanwhile you can use a notepad++ editor and fix the bug yourself like I do every time. To be honest with the Elementor team this bug does not affect the viewing of your site. Only some widgets get affected during editing of the page. Nevertheless its still a pain in the ass.