Solved

Custom Post Type - Single Template does not show post type?

Firstly I apologise if this has been covered or if Im making a silly mistake - but I have created a custom post type and want to use Elementor to design a template for this custom post type - I go to the Templates Theme Editor and create new Single - but there is no option to select my custom post type or any post type for that matter…...is there something im missing?

To help illustrate my point this is what I see currently in theme editor under Single > add new….

This is what I am trying to find (as shown on elementor website):

As you can see on my site - there is no option for single and thus no option for post type…..am I missing something obvious.

P.S. in Elementor settings I have selected all of the checkboxes for the custom post types 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Strahinja Zivkovic 7 June 2021, 14:32

Hi @AtifR what are you using to make Custom post types and metadata? CPT UI + ACF?

Sometimes you have to chose CPT in the save conditions (when you try to save your template). If you want to have the correct preview when you building a template for CPT open your template and go to left-bottom corner of your screen (little cog icon) and in the Preview settings chose correct CPT and sample post belonging to this CPT.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @AtifR actrivate the CPT to be managed via Elementor.
You can do it on wp-admin/admin.php?page=elementor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @AtifR what are you using to make Custom post types and metadata? CPT UI + ACF?

Sometimes you have to chose CPT in the save conditions (when you try to save your template). If you want to have the correct preview when you building a template for CPT open your template and go to left-bottom corner of your screen (little cog icon) and in the Preview settings chose correct CPT and sample post belonging to this CPT.

Hey @Mario Barretta  and @Strahinja 

Thanks for your replies.

@Mario Barretta I already did this before posting for help and this is not the solution to my problem but definitely a step to do first for anyone else reading this in the future.

@Strahinja I think I kind of follow what your saying and this is close to the solution for me that I worked out. I think given the new design of theme editor the setup box I was looking for is not how it will work from now onwards I guess.

The way to do this is to create a single template and when you save then click on the conditions button in the new theme editor and here you can specify that the template applies to your custom post type (as long as you have checked the custom post type in settings) as per @Mario Barretta reply.

Thanks again both for replying

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @Mario Barretta  and @Strahinja 

Thanks for your replies.

@Mario Barretta I already did this before posting for help and this is not the solution to my problem but definitely a step to do first for anyone else reading this in the future.

@Strahinja I think I kind of follow what your saying and this is close to the solution for me that I worked out. I think given the new design of theme editor the setup box I was looking for is not how it will work from now onwards I guess.

The way to do this is to create a single template and when you save then click on the conditions button in the new theme editor and here you can specify that the template applies to your custom post type (as long as you have checked the custom post type in settings) as per @Mario Barretta reply.

Thanks again both for replying

You are welcome @AtifR 
have a nice day