What is your "DREAM" feature that Elementor should have? Here is mine...

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Howdy,

As an Elementor lover, sometime you feel that Elementor is “MISSING” this or that feature.

Would you share on this post? ^^ I am quite sure that someone from Elementor is here to listen your “DREAM FEATURES”. :heart_eyes:

Let’s start with mine.

Since I care about speed performance, my dream feature is → Elementor Nav Menu widget has off canvas & full screen features & the hamburger, close & dropdown icons can use uploaded custom icon. So, I don’t need to use Pop Up template or Header from other theme that has in built nav menu on the header for mobile view. (Now my favorite theme is Generatepress Premium & Blocksy). And also the dropdown style can be set center ^^ At this time, I should ask a friend to help with the CSS code for making the dropdown menu center align :joy: Because I’m not a coder and don’t have a strong CSS skill. That’s why I don’t Github account LOL. 

PS: I’m not saying that Hello theme needs to have header feature like other theme. Because we can use Header template from the Elementor Pro. But if the Elementor Nav Menu widget can be upgraded, it will be awesome. 

Now, what’s your next DREAM Features for Elementor? Come & let’s share...

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Mega Menus would be great.

Can be done with CSS, but a native EL widget/element would be amazing.

Userlevel 1

More Mobile Responsive Sizing tools. at a minimum we need

wide screens

small screens (laptop 13inch)

Ipad Landscape and portrait

large phone and small phone landscape and portrait 

Userlevel 3
Badge

A built in SCSS compiler

Image optimisation

CSS minification for custom css - pretty sure it doesn’t do this already 🤔

Userlevel 4
Badge

My dream right now is better popup controls/targeting and some basic metrics (views, clicks, etc.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I would love if Elementor can have:

• Dynamic Widgets on a bigger scale.

For example, creating listings or adding dynamic capabilities to a certain widget. Not only setting 1 image as dynamic. The whole widget. Example using a Slider that can show a CPT (all or only 1)

And the other thing…

• Integrated Multilanguage Sites | Switcher like TranslatePress. Same as showing image IF language is set, change the text, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Dream feature? 

No doubt a full dynamic data support including repeater fields, dynamic visibility, making a full loop items, listings ... etc.

Userlevel 3

Ability to disable elementor-switch-mode / Back to WordPress Editor button

Clients keep on a clickin’ it! Seriously, a client clicks it and then they break the page? Not a good idea! I love Elementor, but I don't know why they didn't add a disable option for something so simple, but dangerous! haha.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’ve a lot of dreams and i share with you, and others, my firsts:

• Total integrations With ACF PRO
  • Search Filters to manage CPT and CF
  • More customization for our Form
  • User Submited Post to manage post and cpt directly via form
  • Loop Template applied to alls widgets for a real customizations
  • Slider with differents sources look like post cpt media 
  • Repeater fields
  • Deactivation of not needed widgets (and unnecessary code) for every site page
  • Multilevel select steps 
  • Customer care ticketing with a CRM platform to can found and manage all our tickets

A long list do not mean that i do not love this page builder but only that i’d like it best ever.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Definitely Conditional Field Logic for Forms. It’s a popular request from my website build clients.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’ve asked for these features over and over again, but I guess it won’t hurt to ask again:

Skin Builder
Ele Custom Skin and Jet Engine have figured this one out, and they both work great, but it would be great to have this feature without the need for 3rd party add-ons.
Being able to build our own layouts for post grids, sliders, carousels, etc. is a must have.

Dynamic Conditions

Come on! Is it even possible to develop an advanced website without this feature??

Show this section if user is logged in, hide this title if this custom field has a certain value, show this section if page parent ID is whatever. We have conditions for the theme builder, is it that hard to extend those to single elements?

Once again, Ele Conditions (from the same dev of Ele Custom Skin) is a great solution, and I love the way it allows me to create custom conditions with PHP. However, it’s another 3rd party add-on you have to install and watch out for incompatibilities on each update. 

Show hierarchical margin and padding values

When you set a margin and/or a padding for a section in desktop mode and go into tablet or mobile, you don’t have any information of which values are being inherited. It would be great to have some kind of information (greyed out values inside the boxes would do fine), so I don’t have to keep going back to desktop mode to check it.

Increase values by steps of 10 when pressing shift

This is industry standard, and almost all softwares have adopted it. When i’m changing a value (a margin, for instance) with the arrow keys, it would be great if I could increase it or decrease it steps of 10 units if I press the shift key.

Copy/Paste multiple elements

How many times have I needed to copy a couple of sections from one page to the other? You can copy one element at a time or all elements in a page (bottom of the page, in the “add new section” area, you can right-click and select “copy all content), but you can‘t copy 2 sections, for instance.

Maybe this could be done in the navigator. Something like WordPress media “Bulk Select”.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Dream Features?
No, i just want some “basic” features like:

• Conditional Logic
  • Mega Menu
  • make Columns clickable
  • ACF Repeater Fields
  • Custom Post Skins

With every update we are afraid that something dont work because of the extra plugins that we use to get, in my opinion, basic options for a Advanced Website.

I dont need fancy stuff, like text on a path etc, I need a working, functional Website.
And i can only archive that with extra plugins. THATS the problem here.

“build for professionals without professional features” ;)

Userlevel 2

I use Crocoblock for every site and extensively. I create MANY templates! It would be nice if Elementor would allow me to put templates in “Folders” for better organization. 
Sure there are tabs that group Headers, Sections, Pages, etc. But even within those tabs, I have MANY templates. 
It would help me to better organize say “Sections” into even more classifications. I personally do “Versions”, so it would really help to be able to be in Sections Tab, and then have my sections ‘grouped’ by version vs having 30+ section versions all on one long scrolling page.

Right now I’m using Wicked Folders Pro for this AND for creating folders for Pages / Posts and plugins also. But it would be nice to atleast have this ability for the multitude of templates!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Dream Features?
No, i just want some “basic” features like:

• Conditional Logic
  • Mega Menu
  • make Columns clickable
  • ACF Repeater Fields
  • Custom Post Skins

With every update we are afraid that something dont work because of the extra plugins that we use to get, in my opinion, basic options for a Advanced Website.

I dont need fancy stuff, like text on a path etc, I need a working, functional Website.
And i can only archive that with extra plugins. THATS the problem here.

“build for professionals without professional features” ;)

I agree. There are a lot of “beautifying” features being added (which do draw in people), but many of the features you mentioned are more “core” features that would be ideal to have included.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m surprised that posts widgets don’t have simple front-end user filtering abilities. IE: a user could filter posts by category.

Custom Media Breakpoints

Better ACF Integration

Loops and repeaters

Userlevel 1

Skin Builder
Ele Custom Skin and Jet Engine have figured this one out, and they both work great, but it would be great to have this feature without the need for 3rd party add-ons.

absolutely agree with you here António! ​​​​​​

Absolutely agree with you here António, Elementor allows you to create some really awesome dynamic pages with dynamic content pulled in from custom fields for single post, for example Real estates, events, hotel listings, recipes, custom documents, job listings, car listings and tons more but limits the ability to pull some of those settings natively in the post loop.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

absolutely agree with you here António! ​​​​​​

Absolutely agree with you here António, Elementor allows you to create some really awesome dynamic pages with dynamic content pulled in from custom fields for single post, for example Real estates, events, hotel listings, recipes, custom documents, job listings, car listings and tons more but limits the ability to pull some of those settings natively in the post loop.

If you are curious and interested about Real Estates you can give a look to Elementor Tutorial

and other @Paul C tutorial 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mick Viller about real estates give a look to 
@Paul C tutorial

Elementor tutorial 

Conditional Logic on forms.

Howdy,

As an Elementor lover, sometime you feel that Elementor is “MISSING” this or that feature.

Would you share on this post? ^^ I am quite sure that someone from Elementor is here to listen your “DREAM FEATURES”. :heart_eyes:

Let’s start with mine.

Since I care about speed performance, my dream feature is → Elementor Nav Menu widget has off canvas & full screen features & the hamburger, close & dropdown icons can use uploaded custom icon. So, I don’t need to use Pop Up template or Header from other theme that has in built nav menu on the header for mobile view. (Now my favorite theme is Generatepress Premium & Blocksy). And also the dropdown style can be set center ^^ At this time, I should ask a friend to help with the CSS code for making the dropdown menu center align :joy: Because I’m not a coder and don’t have a strong CSS skill. That’s why I don’t Github account LOL. 

PS: I’m not saying that Hello theme needs to have header feature like other theme. Because we can use Header template from the Elementor Pro. But if the Elementor Nav Menu widget can be upgraded, it will be awesome. 

Now, what’s your next DREAM Features for Elementor? Come & let’s share...

Not being able to change the drop down to center on tablet or mobile without affecting the desktop view is frustrating. I’d also like better nav menu options.

I would like to see “Sections” added to the “Theme Builder”. It would be nice to have one location for all “includes”. 

I did find that by clicking Theme Builder → All tabs appear showing Page, Section, Global Widget…. if there were a way to set view to “All” by default. 

Also, the ability to change the template type quickly is certainly on my wish list.