Solved

How to Use Custom Fields to Create Dynamic Price Tables With Features?

• 12 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

For those of you that use JetEngine for custom fields/posts, I’m trying to work out how to create dynamically created price tables for a custom post type (services).

I have some understanding of the repeater fields function and was wondering if this is what would be needed?

To give an example, there will be 3 tiers of prices (Standard, Gold and Platinum) all with different prices and features.

So I’d need:

-Name of package

-$price

-List of features (features are unique for every price package)

Basically I want the client to be able to create custom pricing tables from the back end editor where they can enter the above fields. Would anyone know how to achieve this?

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Strahinja Zivkovic 12 May 2021, 21:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi there, I think this is perfect for JetEngine repeater fields option.

Just check WPTuts video about this 

Or if you are planning to use Repeater Fields with frontend forms check this one 

Userlevel 1

@Strahinja Thank you for this, I will have a look at these videos. I’m wondering if I need a repeater field inside of a repeater field for the features list. Not sure if that’s possible!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Strahinja Thank you for this, I will have a look at these videos. I’m wondering if I need a repeater field inside of a repeater field for the features list. Not sure if that’s possible!

I think this is not possible yet to have a repeater field inside the repeater field.  Maybe you will find it useful to use the new Glossary option in JetEngine. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I don’t think you’ll need repeaters in repeaters - if there’ll always be 3 packages.

You could create 3 separate Meta Boxes - one for each package (With repeater fields within each) Then display these together on the front-end.

If you did want to allow for a flexible number of packages - Perhaps use JetEngine Forms (second video embedded above) to allow for building any number of Packages (also custom post type) Then pull in these Package Posts together with a Listing Grid displaying Relationships. ie. show Packages related to the Service that is related to Profile…

(you’ll need “grand” relationships for that: https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/jetengine-hierarchical-posts-relations-how-to-build-a-grandparent-grandchild-relations/)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t think  that you will need nested repeater for that - but if you would like to have that ACF has the nested repeater option and dynamic . ooo has a widget that will help you to display dynamic repeater data in different forms. 

Although - why would you need repeaters in the first place? Will you have different pricing for each post etc? A meta box with the required fields - would that not be enough? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Create a Custom Post Type with name Pricing.

Custom Meta:

Name of Plan/Package:

Price of Plan/Package:

Features of Plan/Package: Create a repeater named “Featured”. - This allows the User to add more and more features to each “Plan/Package”.

Then create a listing or a Loop of 1 Package setting this Dynamic Options to the fields.

Done :)