Solved

Featured image caption with links

• 25 November 2021
  • 3 replies

• 12 replies

Hi,

Does anyone know how to do a caption with multiple links for the featured image? Or a work around?

Basically, I’m creating a website for a not-for-profit, and want to be able to fully credit each image we’ve kindly been given permission to use. For example;
'Image is courtesy of Iman P from Behance. Instagram'.
- With Iman P linking to their website
- Behance linking to Behance's official website
- Instagram linking to Iman P's instagram account.

Each featured image will have its own unique caption and links.

At the moment when using Elementor's featured image with built in caption - this isn't possible. So I've been using text editor instead, which means I can't use a post template for it; having to alter the text editor's margins to fit it under the featured image and above the header, and because this is adjusted for each image size and responsive mode it looks really messy. Is there some other widget or work around I could use with the post template, so that a tailored "caption" with links always appears below the featured image and above the title (so I wouldn't have to adjust margins)?

Weirdly you can do this for images in the post content. But I really need this to work for the featured image.

Thank you for any help or guidance you can provide.

I’ve attached some images to show what I mean, thanks.

icon

Best answer by Andre Morre 26 November 2021, 18:27

View original

3 replies

There should be only four attachments, don’t know why its repeated them to make an additional 100!! Please only refer to the top four, thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You can put html code in the caption, e.g. something like this:

This is a <a href="https://elementor.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">LINK</a>

Hi Andre,

I can’t thank you enough!!! This has worked so beautifully, thank you.