Solved

Creating Classes within the builder?

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I've been using Elementor for years, so this question is a bit embarrassing, but Is there a way to create and assign classes from within the builder? I just saw this feature, elsewhere and errrr ... it seems kinda nifty.

icon

Best answer by António Carreira 11 June 2021, 13:25

No, not within the builder.
You can assign a class (or classes) to any element in the advanced settings, and you can reassign that class to any other element, but that alone won’t create the class.
Elementor won’t even let you pick a class from a list of predefined classes, you have to add them manually.

I use a lot of predefined classes on my websites, but what I usually do is to create the class on the styles.css file on my child theme and then add it manually to any element I want.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No, not within the builder.
You can assign a class (or classes) to any element in the advanced settings, and you can reassign that class to any other element, but that alone won’t create the class.
Elementor won’t even let you pick a class from a list of predefined classes, you have to add them manually.

I use a lot of predefined classes on my websites, but what I usually do is to create the class on the styles.css file on my child theme and then add it manually to any element I want.

Thanks!