Question

Could I build something like this with Elementor basics?

• 22 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I started building a website for an older client. Long story short: he doesn't like ‘complexity’ of modern sites and prefers a very side bar with thumbnails (maintaining original image ratio) which controls the large image in main body page.

This is a site generated by some photo album software a decade ago or so:

shorturl.at/cyCJ2

The lay-out is great in it's simplicity , but it's a static site which has no easy way of maintaining nor has any responsive features, so I was hoping I could build something remotely similar in Elementor.

I tried a few Slider modules, but couldn't find one that has vertical thumbnails and maintains original image ratios.

I also tried a dynamic listing in a sidebar, but not sure how to make a clickable thumb control an image section in the main body. But I'm quite new to dynamic elements.  Would this be the way to do it or is there an easier path? Does anybody have a good advice how to set this up?

I know eventually everything is possible, but if it would imply a lot of manual overrides/coding, expensive modules, I might have to advice my client to choose another concept.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • The lay-out is great in it's simplicity , but it's a static site which has no easy way of maintaining nor has any responsive features, so I was hoping I could build something remotely similar in Elementor.

you can build easy with elementor 

I tried a few Slider modules, but couldn't find one that has vertical thumbnails and maintains original image ratios.

there are plugins that can use to create slider and just add shortcode to elementor page it will run smooth

what you need in your  sidebar :: I also tried a dynamic listing in a sidebar, 

Regards

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. So a sidebar with a ‘Listing grid’  could work, you think?

Only thing I do not know how to work out then: how can I make the listing grid be calling the large image on the main page, as in my example? 

I tried to google it, but not sure what to search for. Any leads would be very much appreciated!