Solved

Can Elementor Forms Submission be editet in the same form in the frontend?

Badge

Can Elementor Forms Submissions be editet in the same form in the frontend?

I want users to be able to change the information they entered earlier.

The previously saved values need to be retrieved from the database, loaded into the form again and then override the same submission in the database and NOT create a new submission.

Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by JohnHl 8 January 2022, 19:30

View original

11 replies

Badge

Hi Nathanael,

Unfortunately this is not a native feature at the moment… And nothing according to the Elementor Pro 3.6 bêta

I would love to have it also ;)

3 ways :

• plugin
  • coding
  • submit a ticket 

Take care !

I am doing it. It takes a combination of php & parameters. I would be happy to share if anyone would like it.

Badge

Hi JohnHI

Thank your for reply ;)

For sure it would be very kind !!! 

I have some questions if you could answer please…

1. Is that possible to show that form in woocommerce user dashboard? For instance a customer have a form to register his different children, get his form complete and show the result in his account
  2. Is there some limitations?

I’m not sure about woocommerce as we don’t use it.

Here are the steps to show a user’s info in a duplicate of the form used to submit the data (same fields, same look).
1. Create a new page with a form that has the same fields as your input form. (I saved a template of my input page & inserted that into the new page)
2. On the new form, for each field, go to Advanced tab
    a. Enter a unique id.
    b. On the default value, click on the Dynamic Tags icon & select Request Parameter. Then click on the wrench & enter the field id in the Parameter Name
    c. Do this for every field in your form
3. Now you need a page to send the parameter. I used the plug-in “Insert PHP Code Snippet” by ZYX Code Snippets. Use this to create a shortcode to add to an Elementor page. I’ve attached my code. This page has a hyperlink to your new page created above that sends the parameters.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thank you for your answer I hope this will help also. 

I will investigate more to find a soluton for woocommerce ;)

Take care !

Badge

Thanks a lot @JohnHl !

I‘ll try something like this 👍🏼

Badge

@JohnHl  @Youness Al Khattab 

I found the best solution: JetEngine from Crocoblock! You can create your own data structure (custom post types) and any form you wish… Amazing!

Badge

Hi Nathanael,

Thank you for your reply, I have bought it right away

Very complete but I have some questions about it.

For instance, how edit a CCT from the frontend ?  And more…

Can we talk about it please? It seems that you have a better level in IT than me… ;)

Badge

Nice 👌🏼

Please watch this tutorial series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DloUYSFmAvs&list=PL26jaHWVtLFxve7uqAgIjbYa9zw7UrBCH&index=10

It’s a very beginner-friendly in-depth tutorial. I’m currently working through it and experiment with my own forms and posts. I couldn’t help you better than that (To be honest, I need help too 😆)

Crocoblock has a useful help center as well. Here’s the link to JetEngine Tutorials and FAQs: https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/article-category/jet-engine/

Hope that helps.

Badge

Thank you for your kind reply ;)

I have already checked from some hours and test on my own.

The philosophy is quite disturbing on the beggining to be honest but it takes some time to learn…

Let’s talk soon and if I can help it will be a pleasure, don’t hesitate !

Take care ;)

Badge

Yes, it takes some time to really dive in but it is worth it.

The possibilities are amazing.