Solved

Autoplay Audio on Home Page?

• 29 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello Everyone! Hope someone can assist - any ideas on how I can get some audio playing automatically on my home page? Recommended Addons? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Hélène Desaulniers 30 July 2021, 10:43

View original

6 replies

Thank you everyone, I am going to pass the information on to the client in the hope that they will abandon mission ;)

Userlevel 2

One issue to think about is performance.  Loading a mp3 takes.  You should make sure you loading from something that caches the static files like KeyCD or Cloudflare.  

That being said you’re likely going to piss off visitors.  I can’t express how much you should stress NOT doing it.  Search for a case study on that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Client insists but thanks for the info :)

Oh those kind of situations. Well if you can code, the link I gave in my previous answer has pretty good solutions you can try out; you could make a small, non-obstructive audio player in the corner of your website, like a small play/pause button. (You see that mostly on website with background audio.) Like this, you can be sure the client interacted with the page and you can have the audio play consistently in all browser.

Here are example of website that integrate client integrate sound on their website (notice how they all require a click to enable sound).

Does that answer your question?

You could but honestly, with Google Chrome media policies, you are better off not to do that. What are you trying to do with the audio?

Client insists but thanks for the info :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You could but honestly, with Google Chrome media policies, you are better off not to do that. What are you trying to do with the audio?

Badge +4

Hi @Nadine Lombard , why not converting it to mp4 with a static picture and use youtube with elementors video widget?