New Feature Tutorial: How to use the Elementor Website Kits Library

New Feature Tutorial: How to use the Elementor Website Kits Library
Userlevel 4
Badge

Learn how to use the Elementor Kits Library, where you can select from dozens of beautifully designed full website template kits, and import them to adapt for your own website. @Ash will walk you through the processing of accessing and choosing a kit to use for your site, as well as how to customize it, and make it truly yours.

Which kit is your favorite?

42 replies

Userlevel 1

I can’t get Kit import to work at all. Every attempt to apply a kit results in the immediate modal message:

“Something went wrong

Nothing to worry about, just try again. If the problem continues, head over to the Help Center.”

I have read all the help, increased php mem etc.

Raised a ticket with Elementor support and had conflicting responses - one said this is fixed in latest update (I tried - it isn’t). The other response was after the first, by someone else, who wanted login access etc blah.

Heard nothing back since, that was two days ago. Cannot see any discussion of it online so firstly commented on the main Elementor blog post (which has been kept in mod queue ever since) and now have raised it here. Anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried it out for the first time, seems to work ok:

Userlevel 1

Me too.  I’m getting the “something went wrong” error repeatedly.  Have I missed something?

A few tries later and the error has changed to: “cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 25001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received”.  Any thoughts, anyone?

Userlevel 1

I get the same thing, very disappointing

Userlevel 2

I cannot see the delete post
so
Message deleted by user

Please add the delete post button

Userlevel 2

I am building yet “ Another “ website, “omg when will it ever end, my wife and children miss me.”
This time , I am building a website for a fast food restaurant, more specifically, A Pizzeria, offering fast food with delivery.
Do you think Elementor will add these types of kits anytime soon?

Userlevel 1

I am building yet “ Another “ website, “omg when will it ever end, my wife and children miss me.”
This time , I am building a website for a fast food restaurant, more specifically, A Pizzeria, offering fast food with delivery.

If you look at the bottom of the temlate kits you will see a link to more Theme Forest Templates that you can purchase. Theme Forest has everything you can think of.

Userlevel 1

I don’t understand the difference between web kits and Elementor templates?  Is there a fundamental difference?

I can’t get Kit import to work at all. Every attempt to apply a kit results in the immediate modal message:

“Something went wrong

Same here ! I can't get it APPLIED either. None of the agents are responding. I even ended up reinstalling Wordpress to start clean.

Is there any THEME that needs to be installed for this? Does it matter which one? I’m still using free Astra with Elementor Pro. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Pity the Template Kit feature doesn’t work.   I just had another friend with a license try - same error messages.   

Been like this for nearly a week.

You would think Elementor would TEST these functions before releasing them in a full update.

Have you checked to see if your hosting php ini settings are set high enough to handle to loading of something like this:

example:

max_execution_time = 180
max_input_time = 180
max_input_vars = 3000
memory_limit = 512M
post_max_size = 256M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
upload_max_filesize = 256M 

And your PHP version is set high enough also.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Mike  . . . I can certainly check those settings.  

Can you tell me if you’ve been able to apply any of the Template Kits yourself?

I’m asking because the issue does not appear to be one of settings, but one of Elementor’s programming thinking that a licensed user trying to access/apply a Template Kit is trying to set up and/or use a different license/activation. 

Every time I try, I get this same screen  . . . 

My Elementor Pro License is already activated/connected to the install/site I’m working on.  But even when I click “Get Started,” I am then treated to the following  . . .  

There should be NO issue with use of the Template Kit Library with my license - as I am trying to use it with a verified/activated’valid license for THIS install/site.

Make Sense ???

When you login to the Elementor website and your account how many website does it say you have under the Subscription area?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When you login to the Elementor website and your account how many website does it say you have under the Subscription area?

One … Which is the only site within which I’m trying to access and use the Template Kit Library.  See the following screenshots (with certain account info blurred out for protection, of course)  . . . 

Have you been able to apply any of the Template Kits - be it for testing purposes or otherwise?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When I’ve tried to seek help via Elementor Support - and have been “elevated to “Tier 2 Support,” I received the following response  . . . .

So this is why I am wondering if YOU - or anyone else - has been able to Apply any of the Template Kit Templates since it’s release last week.

I had a fellow licensed friend try, and he experienced the same issue.

It wouldn’t bother me so much if there wasn’t one of the templates with “ready-made/configured” features I REALLY LIKE and REALLY want to utilize - and being able to would save me A LOT of time trying to clone design/configure it myself. 

I wish there was a way the Elementor Support could verify my valid Elementor Pro license and provide a downloadable zip file with the particular template kit I want.need.   :disappointed:

When I’ve tried to seek help via Elementor Support - and have been “elevated to “Tier 2 Support,” I received the following response  . . . .

So this is why I am wondering if YOU - or anyone else - has been able to Apply any of the Template Kit Templates since it’s release last week.

I had a fellow licensed friend try, and he experienced the same issue.

It wouldn’t bother me so much if there wasn’t one of the templates with “ready-made/configured” features I REALLY LIKE and REALLY want to utilize - and being able to would save me A LOT of time trying to clone design/configure it myself. 

I wish there was a way the Elementor Support could verify my valid Elementor Pro license and provide a downloadable zip file with the particular template kit I want.need.   :disappointed:

I’m having the same issue. Wish I had known before I purchased a license. I can’t really continue working on the site until it’s resolved.

I just went through the entire setup on a new install of Elementor and loading a Kit, and all went well.

I had the screen come up asking me to connect my account before loading the kit, selected a kit, and loaded all the pages with the content.

That other warning about exceeding your limit is odd.

Have you tried using the Edit Website button on Elementor's websites page under your account and seeing if that would work?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve tried every last thing I can think of - nothing has worked.  :tired_face:

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

It keeps telling me to “Connect To The Library.” - But I’m already connected. 

So when I click the button - in an optimistically desperate effort to try to get it to work - it continues to tell me my license has exceeded it’s limit.    This just doesn’t make any sense.   :cry:

I don’t suppose you’d be willing to forward me the “Music Festival” kit in a zip, would you?   :worried:

Userlevel 2

If you look at the bottom of the temlate kits you will see a link to more Theme Forest Templates that you can purchase. Theme Forest has everything you can think of.

I much rather build a website using Elementor Pro as it has all the tools to create amazing websites
I am aware of Theme Forest,  I have only had bad experiences with getting support.  Their replied are vague at best,  I think English is not their first language. 

Userlevel 1

I know there was a massive issue with the update. The kits weren't working and kept showing an error. I updated to 3.3.3 and am still getting the same error unfortunately. Hopefully Elementor gets this figured out and resolved quickly. 

Userlevel 1

“Something went wrong

Nothing to worry about, just try again. If the problem continues, head over to the Help Center.”

I have read all the help, increased php mem etc.

Raised a ticket with Elementor support and had conflicting responses - one said this is fixed in latest update (I tried - it isn’t). The other response was after the first, by someone else, who wanted login access etc blah.

Heard nothing back since, that was two days ago. Cannot see any discussion of it online so firstly commented on the main Elementor blog post (which has been kept in mod queue ever since) and now have raised it here. Anyone?

same. we’re all in the same boat. Very frustrated. 

Userlevel 2

The owner of Elementor must have earned him Millions of USA Dollars by now and is ongoing.
You’d think he would have hired staff to tend to these and all problems as he is away on his fancy yacht, and drinking margaritas with little fancies umbrellas in it.

Not Impressed
I am 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I posted this ongoing issue on Elementor’s GitHub - and was told to “write to support@elementor.com” and advise that I was directed to do so by the Elementor GitHub “supervisor/manager” - of whomever he is.

I did so and - disappointingly - received NO RESPONSE from Elementor Support. 

DO THEY EVEN CARE that this is a BIG and SYSTEM WIDE issue?   Apparently not, as the issue was not addressed/fixed with today’s 3.3.3 update. 

At least with DIVI you get actual technical experts who take the time to try to address the issue within  reasonable time frame - usually within 1-12 hrs.

Growing increasingly disappointed with Elementor’s apparent LACK of Customer concern/consideration.

:angry: