Solved

Section background using dynamic Featured Image shows no settings (size, repeat, etc)

• 18 August 2021
  • 15 replies

Hi there

When creating a background on section, which i normally do, if i choose a background image i get the option to customise the image but when i change the image to a dynamic image (pulling the featured image) those do not appear anymore. This is clearly a bug with the newer updates of Elementor because i tested it on a testing site which isn’t on the latest version and this setting were available. i then updated the testing site and those settings were lost again.

Hopefully somebody has resolved this. 

icon

Best answer by Eoin Healy 20 August 2021, 00:01

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

can you confirm with screen shot, and with inspection

I have the same issue - see screen shot.  Thank you.

Userlevel 2

Was about to post this issue too. There is no options for Position, Attachment, Repeat or size when setting a dynamic background image (featured image, AFC Image field etc etc).

I had a look in chrome dev tools and they seem to be getting hidden with this css class:

.elementor-control.elementor-control-hidden-label>*>*>.elementor-control-title, .elementor-control.elementor-control-hidden-label>*>.elementor-control-title, .elementor-control.elementor-hidden-control { display: none;}

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

can we display block it.

Regards

Userlevel 2

can we display block it.

Regards

It seems to be more that just hidden with css, the ajax on the position dropdowns doesn't seem to be working when you removed the display:none on the css, so i’m, presuming the js is also using those classes to disable the functions that are hidden. Presumably to keep the page loading as fast as possible by not activating the options not in view.

I have the same issue.
Downgrade to 3.3.1 to solve. I using Jet-engine too, so I need to downgrade it too to work with 3.3.1.

See the images before and after 3.4 elementor updates from style options of a background image section with dynamic field.

Before: 3.3.1

Now, 3.4+

No options displayed for Position, attached, repeat and size….

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Rollback and check on a Staging Site in future.

Userlevel 2

Just updated to 3.4.2 and all is well again :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Just updated to 3.4.2 and all is well again :) 

Awesome!

I’m having an issue adding background images. How do you upgrade to 3.4.2 when I only see 3.4.1?

Badge

So I’m having a weird offshoot of the same bug: I am lucky enough to see the options to edit settings for dynamic background images (Repeat/No-Repeat, Cover/Contain, etc.). However, when I edit them, nothing actually changes on the live site.

I am using Elementor 3.4.4 and Elementor Pro 3.4.1 - the most recent versions, as far as I know.

What I have for settings.
​​​
What shows up on the live site. The ‘no-repeat’ and ‘cover’ settings are not active.

Badge

Hi Team. 

I’m currently having a similar issue at the moment (January 2022).

I’m on E versions 3.5.3 (standard) and 3.5.2 (Pro). 

I’m finding that my standard templated page hero section with a dynamic image is showing up fine, but I had an additional template for a child set of pages (Activities > Crazy Golf etc) where the header is set to Dynamic (Feature Image) but its not showing on Desktop but it is showing on mobile and tablet. I haven’t setup anything specific for the tablet/mobile breakpoints. 

The only difference is some of you don’t get the image editing options in the backend but I have those.

I’ve rebuilt the page template header section from scratch again but it hasn’t fixed the issue. I can’t see anything in the Browser Inspect Tool but I could be missing something. 

Caching is on, but I’ve purged all caches (including server side Vanish) and when testing I can change the overlay colour and that does appear successfully. 

The URL is https://wordpress-705345-2335453.cloudwaysapps.com/ and its the Activities sub pages (Crazy golf, Picnic etc) that have the issue. The other pages appear to work find with dynamic background images set to the Feature Image. 

Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated. I need to get it live for the client asap. 

Hi Team. 

I’m currently having a similar issue at the moment (January 2022).

I’m on E versions 3.5.3 (standard) and 3.5.2 (Pro). 

I’m finding that my standard templated page hero section with a dynamic image is showing up fine, but I had an additional template for a child set of pages (Activities > Crazy Golf etc) where the header is set to Dynamic (Feature Image) but its not showing on Desktop but it is showing on mobile and tablet. I haven’t setup anything specific for the tablet/mobile breakpoints. 

The only difference is some of you don’t get the image editing options in the backend but I have those.

I’ve rebuilt the page template header section from scratch again but it hasn’t fixed the issue. I can’t see anything in the Browser Inspect Tool but I could be missing something. 

Caching is on, but I’ve purged all caches (including server side Vanish) and when testing I can change the overlay colour and that does appear successfully. 

The URL is https://wordpress-705345-2335453.cloudwaysapps.com/ and its the Activities sub pages (Crazy golf, Picnic etc) that have the issue. The other pages appear to work find with dynamic background images set to the Feature Image. 

Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated. I need to get it live for the client asap. 

Hi Guys, exact the same issue as mentioned above 

Hi guys, I have axactly the same problem as Pete Murray. Same versions etc.

Badge

Hey @The Green Surfer

The only way I could fix it was to reactive the additional breakpoints experiment. That seems to allow my single page template to show the background image on desktop again.