Question

Post Info Icon Looks Oval on Mobile Device in Elementor 3.4.5

• 16 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I’ve just updated to Elementor Pro 3.4.2 and found a little issue with the Post Info widget. I use the widget to display the Gravatar of the authors on my site. On mobile device, the Gravatar looks oval instead of rounded

I tried to fix it by editing the single post template, but it turned out that on the Elementor editor the Gravatar looked normal (rounded).

Anyone can help?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is the original image rectangular? If so, upload it in square.

Badge +1

Hi @meisterleise thanks for the suggestion. Gonna try it first. I will show you the result

Badge +1

Nothing changes @meisterleise. I have tried to upload a new image on Gravatar using square image (500x500) and nothing changed :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Ah, now I see. This happens only in Safari! But only on your website. I’ve tested the Widget right now and i don’t have this issue. So it seems not to be a bug, but a problem of your website.

I would try:

1. fill in another user avatar
  2. put the widget on a fresh new site and test it

Badge +1

This happens only in Safari!

Nope. I have just tested to access my site on Firefox and Chrome from my iPhone and everything is still the same :(

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hm, that’s a really strange one.

I’ve tested mine and yours on several browsers on Mac and Android. It looks okay everywhere.

It’s oval on Safari on Mac and iPhone.

On iPhone I can’t test FF and Chrome because I’m using the virtual devices of Xcode where you can’t install other browsers.

But: did you test my Nr.1 and Nr.2? You did not tell.

Badge +1

@meisterleise just tested viewing my site on an Android phone with a larger screen the avatar looked rounded :grin: . I will leave the issue until the next Elementor Pro while hoping it gets fixed

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

If you don’t make a bug report, nothing will get fixed in the next version.